Buddypress toolbar doesn't direct to admin dashboard

I have Buddypress network activated.
When I click on the Buddypress inbox, sent or compose links in the upper right hand toolbar it directs me to the Buddypress message area, okay, this is expected. But when I click on the Edit My Profile tab in the upper toolbar (not the extended profile tab) I cannot get back to the Wordpress admin area. Without Buddypress activated the edit profile link used to direct me to the wp-admin/profile.php, With Buddypress activated it directs me to
members/admin/profile/edit/group/1/
How do I fix so that I can get to the admin area from Buddypress?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Atlanta,

Thank you for possibly pointing out one of the bugs that BuddyPress missed.

Lets see now - version 1.6 they admit to fixing hundreds of bugs - first paragraph:
    on top of hundreds of bug fixes Reference: http://codex.buddypress.org/developer/releases/version-1-6/

Oh and what a grand job they did there when they claim the same with version 1.7 first paragraph: on top of hundreds of bugfixes Reference: http://codex.buddypress.org/developer/releases/version-1-7/

In their own words, they admit it.

Have you asked in the Buddy Press forums about this particular issue?

Or do I need to go over there and dig into their forums to only find this is another one of their bugs?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

FYI In Live Chat Patrick said that this is the default behavior of buddypress- to prevent the Edit My Profile link from taking the user back to the user's dashboard. If the user clicks their name in that same toolbar it also prevents him from going back to the dashboard. How does the user get back to his dashboard when using Buddypress without using custom coding?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Atlanta,

Thank you for the additional input which is certainly helpful and clarifying.

With that said digging in on my test production server.

I am trying to replicate what you describe. When I first log in as a subscriber I get the dashboard (screen shot below)

Then after choosing edit profile I am taken to screen shot 2 below.

Then I choose to go to the dashboard as shown in my last screen shot below.

Is this indeed what we are looking for here? Am I on the right track?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.