Buddypress user activation issue

happy Thursday!

I couldnt find a BP support menu item from support - ?? hope ist ok to post here.

My site at weightfan.com is a multi site using Blogs/MU and BP.

I have just noticed that most of my users have /can not successfully activate there accounts! Oops.

I used a plugin called "unsuccessful" to ascertain this and even then half the accounts could not be activated manually.

WHY??

Is it safe to delete the BP plugin a re-install? - just a thought on how to fix the issue.

Ideas please.

Thanks

John

• Kimberly

John

Thanks for using the WPMU dev forums :slight_smile:

I'll see what I can do to help.

I have just noticed that most of my users have /can not successfully activate there accounts!

How are you noticing this? is it via the dashboard? What are your registration settings for the network? or is this a single site install?

I used a plugin called "unsuccessful" to ascertain this and even then half the accounts could not be activated manually.

Is this how you found the error? I'm not finding anything when I google it. It's very difficult for us to troubleshoot third party plugins, so I am not sure I can help much on this particular plugin.

Is it safe to delete the BP plugin a re-install? - just a thought on how to fix the issue.

yes you can uninstall and re-install, just make sure you create a copy of your database tables so you don't loose your user info perchance.

Best,

Kimberly

• 1happykamper

Thanks for the reply Kimberly.

How do I copy the "database tables"? ..did I just see you roll your eyes? :slight_smile:

Its a multi site install.

Even without that plugin -i can tell the registartion was not succesful..because a page thats associated with the registartion process is not visible because they see this message:

"Activate your Account

Please provide a valid activation key." even I get that and i'm the superadmin??!!

Thanks

• Kimberly

1happykamper

How do I copy the "database tables"? ..did I just see you roll your eyes? :slight_smile:

Absolutely not, I am NO pro with that! Database tables intimidate me, silly I know
    One of our Staffers shouts his love from the hills for Navicat when dealing with Databases and I have to agree, I for the time being have to use my host providers gateway to my SQL database (<--hint, this is where the tables are!) and it's TERRIBLE, so I'd suggest looking for some tool to help make that as easy as possible

because a page thats associated with the registartion process is not visible because they see this message:

"Activate your Account

Please provide a valid activation key."

"page that's associated with registration" is this buddypress specific or do you have something in place like a privacy option?

Are your activation emails going out post signup?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.