Buddypress user post from profile

I would like to have the community members post from their profile including adding videos, images, audio etc. I do not want to give dashboard access.

I noticed the quickpress plugin is no longer updated or mention a great deal. Are there alternatives or is this now a part of buddypress.

Regards

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings techbroker,

Sorry that I cannot be of much help here since I am not familiar with the features of the quickpress plugin itself and I do not know how to accomplish this and though Buddy Press offers an extended profile these are not features thereof that I know of.

Have you by any chance asked about this on the Buddy Press forums?

Anyone else have any ideas for techbroker concerning this item?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• techbroker
    • New Recruit

Hello Aecnu

Thanks for the reply.

I am simply looking for a tool that will allow our members to post articles from the profile page. I do not want to give access to the dashboard. So they will have a little link labelled post.

When they click on it it will show a text editor with
    Title box
    Content Box

etc

• techbroker
    • New Recruit

Thanks Mort3n,

I need another tab on the profile to say 'Post' or 'Blog'. So it will be the main blog.

Hence they can basically
    1. Write the title
    2. Write the text and add images, select featured images
    3. Select a category to post in

I am not offering members the chance to have their own blog.

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Did you try some plugins for this?

One, that I don't have experience with, is
    http://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-simple-front-end-post/

A different approach could be to use the excellent plugin BuddyPress Docs I use this for in depth information sharing as well as for collaboration.

You have BuddyPress in the thread title, but are its capabilities needed for this? As I understand it, you want users to publish regular posts to a sitewide blog.
    Perhaps WordPress could do this for you. One plugin to check out could be
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-user-frontend/

Hope this gets you started :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Mort3n

• techbroker
    • New Recruit

Thanks Mort3n,

Buddypress is required as I would like the users to interact with the site using the buddypress profile page, including posting articles with images etc.

The buddydev plugin would have been perfect if the editor was richer and allowed images etc. Not sure how to get a richer text editor with the buddydev plugin but it is almost there.

Thanks once again

Regards
    TB

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi

You could go to the BuddyDev plugin folder and then open the file
    bp-simple-front-end-post.php
    The simple textarea where you would like to have a rich text editor is in line 212
    <textarea name="bp_simple_post_text" id="bp_simple_post_text" tabindex="2" ></textarea>
    Change it to
    <?php wp_editor( '', 'bp_simple_post_text' ); ?>
    For additional control over the appearence and capabilities of the editor consult the Codex http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_editor

Cheers
    Mort3n

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings techbroker,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.