BuddyPress / User Profile Fields issue

Hi Support Team,

please be so kind advice where/how to fix an issue regards user profile fields. Attached screenshot shall demonstrate the case

1) after user registration are the profile fields still empty
2) field settings (only visible by me) does not work at registration page

Thank you in advance.

• Nithin

Hi Brandon,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I tested this in my system, and it seems to pick the profile fields without any issue. Could you please confirm that there isn't any plugin conflict, by running the plugin conflict test. Since you website is in maintenance mode, I couldn't test this by registering in your website. Please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look.

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could help get this resolved. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Brandon,

How do you test registration form when your site in maintenance mode? BuddyPress does not display registration form when someone is already logged in. How can I test it on your site?

I've checked few fresh accounts on your main site and they had filed fields that you showed on your first screenshot.

Please advise how can I replicate those issues on your site.

kind regards,

• Steven Zimmerman

Hello Kasia,

thank you very much getting back to me. To answer your question: when testing the site in live mode I usually deactivate the maintenance mode as follow

trades Child Theme Settings --> General --> untick Construction mode

Next login to
    Join --> Membership-realm

Registration process works ... try it ... however after the entire procedure check

1) http://bestofthebestonly.org/wp-admin/network/ --> User (the one you just registered)
    you'll then recognize the extended profile is filled but not the basic one which prevents from
    login/logout correctly.

2) check as well http://bestofthebestonly.org/wp-admin/ --> Membership 2 all Members ...
    The member you registered is not listed because, that's what I find out, the transaction with
    STRIPE has not gone through.
    I already contacted STRIPE for help. They found out that the issue is at registration process
    within wordpress but couldn't provide more support to fix the issue.

Hope that helps.
    Dear Kasia, your help in this regard will be immensely appreciated. :relaxed:

Thank you in advance.

• Steven Zimmerman

Hello Nithin,

thank you very much for looking at this issue. Unfortunately, the problem is not solved. Attached screenshot of your registration ...

the fields are still blank, see http://bestofthebestonly.org/wp-admin/network/ --> user (profile). There, if you look at the extended profile fields, yes .... your data are in but they are not transferred to the BASIC level. And, because of that, I am sure, you also cannot LOGIN with your credentials when site is LIVE (and browser cache cleared before). Also, please pay attention to the field settings. Currently they are set to VISIBLE ONLY ME .... but while signing up a new user those fields are all visible to everyone (obvious a BuddyPress error; already reinstalled BP but this did not solve the issue either).

Am wondering how could you register without a problem, please let me know. When I am testing the registration process, I recognize that after the payment process is finish a new registration form popup instead of the THANK YOU page (means signup did not finish the routine, obvious redirect error). As a result of this, the newly registered user/member does not get listed within m2pro ---> ALL MEMBERS' ...

I checked the STRIPE credentials and can assure those are 100% correct. By the way, I did also test in our testing environment (dealsmarthosting); there the transaction goes through to STRIPE without any trouble. Furthermore, I contacted STRIPE support: all they could find out it's either a BuddyPress issue and security setting issue at wordpress header on our server. Unfortunately my skills are limited and I am unable to solve the problem. Please be so kind, please help me to get this problem solved.

BIG thank you.
    Looking forward hearing from you again.

• Nithin

Hi Steven Zimmerman,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

It seems like the support access is disabled, and I could see that Kasia has already replied regarding BuddyPress issue in this thread: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/m2pro-stripe-payment-not-transmitted#post-1124535

Would also recommend you to disable your cache plugin while you test this out, this is just to make sure that any cache isn't causing this issue.

Please advice, if you still think I have missed out anything in this thread, and enable support access so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,