Buddypress users as service providers?

Hi. I’m creating a babysitting website for my church. I’d like users who register on the site through Buddypress automatically become service providers, then when a parent wants to schedule an appointment the list of service providers that’s populated comes from their list of friends. I know this isn’t easy, but I’m willing to go to work to make it happen if anyone has any ideas on where to get started.

Alternatively, I’d be happy if each user could have their own calendar on their profile page where people could schedule an appointment right then and there. Basically I’m using Buddypress and I want to use Apointments+ to allow parents to schedule babysitting appointments with babysitters they know in the church. But I also need to make it scalable, so I can’t enter everyone into the system manually.

Thanks for the help.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings aikorei,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Get ready for a whole lot of custom coding which is way beyond the scope of the support that we provide here.

With that said unless you are a coder yourself, I would get as much done and as close as I can to finished and then call in a coder.

You could see if there’s a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute or when the time comes and you are ready for it.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aikorei
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi aecnu. Thanks very much for the response. Assuming I attempt to tackle this on my own, do you see this as something that’s scalable? I could potentially have thousands of service providers doing this…I just want to make sure it’s not going to break something inside. I guess we’ll never know till we try it, but if it’s “theoretically” possible, then that’s good enough for me to get going.

Thanks again for the help.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings aikorei,

Thank you for your additional input and clarification.

I do agree that it is theoretically possible and it appears that you are a coder as well which I am sure is a great asset to innovation and your ambitions. Kudos to you!

Have a GREAT upcoming week ahead!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.