Buddypress with Jobs and Experts – How do i sync BP 'My Profile Page' to add-a-expert page

Ok so now i have your Jobs and Experts plugin working with wpms site and BB plugin. How to link register, my profile etc etc pages together so BB and Experts profiles are all in sync?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey TK,

Hope you’re doing well today and thanks for your question!

BuddyPress and Jobs and Experts profiles were not meant to sync, just like how we have it on our own site here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

The “Experts” profile is separate from your main profile; however, I can definitely see how this would be a handy feature have :slight_smile:

Would you want all of the Experts fields to sync over to BuddyPress? Then just use the BP profile as the expert profile?

Or are you wanting when someone signs up for BuddyPress they get signed up as an expert too? Possibly have a link somewhere in BuddyPress that links too the Experts profile?

Definitely interested hearing how you would like this to work. Perhaps we can come up with a workaround in the meantime too :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back TK!

All the best,

Tyler

• Iain
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I’m considering using this plugin with BuddyPress, and this was the first thing i thought of as a potential problem. From my point of view, it would be best to have the BuddyPress profile take the place of the Expert profile, and be able to categorise the profile as needed to work with Jobs & Experts.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Broscottco,

We are still considering this, but at this time we can’t give any ETA on when this will likely be included. The developers already have a set list to achieve at this time but Bug fixing is the main focus before features. We will of course keep people informed as & when we have more news.

Hope this helps

• Joe
    • Flash Drive

And it’s just not the Jobs-Experts plugin but this duplicate profile concept runs through the whole list. Every plugin should have a hot swap profile section. Users fill one profile box and the admin pulls that into where ever is needed.

• Vlad
    • Flash Drive

Hey guys. I am not a developer,…so maybe you guys can help me out here. Jobs & Experts is marketed as Buddypress compatible. So, I installed the plugin,…and to my surprise, I can t see any of that compatiblity, except working with shortcodes to get the functionality working. Well,…for that I can have a menu to Redirect to the plugin pages. I don t need the Profile page filled in with menu links right? So,…how exactly is this plugin compatible. Maybe I m missing something.

So, I contacted Support, no results. I had a nice Chat though)))

So,…if this plugin is marketed as BP Compatible,…in my opinion, and I see plenty comments asking for the same Features, should be like this:

1. Have an Option to integrate the the plugin user Profile with the BP user Profile. No shortcodes. Just click and done. Maybe some extra Options with regard to how complex the Integration should be. I use Geodirectory for other page functionalities,…and they have it like this. So, I know it s possible. And with a click)))

2. As previously mentioned have the plugin pages and Options fully integrated with BP. No shortcodes,…just click.

3. User roles,…how do u control that with the currect plugin functionality,…without any extra plugins installed?

4. How do u monetize this plugin. My site that i was considering this plugin for uses allready WC. So,…using a 2nd ecommerce engine on a wp install? Does that makes sense? How about integrating it also with WC. I mean,…ist not a question of Branding here right?

So I say this. Maybe I got some stuff wrong. If yes,..I stand corrected. I m a big Boy. I can take it. But,…the way I see it,…from my stand Point this plugin is NOT BP compatible. And I bought in merely for it. Sure,..I am Aware the developement of new functionalities for plugins is based on popularIty,…and yes I can hire a developer. But,…considering this plugin is marketed as BP compatible,…should I? I mean,…it was supposed to be BP compatible,…right?

So,..I can t force it,…but, …considering the Situation,…pls. consider either taking the BP logo down from the product description, or trully make this plugin compatible.

I apologize for the attitude,…and hope that my Point of view is not missunderstood. Cheers

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Vlad,

I think there is some confusion with that word: compatibility doesn’t mean the same as integration. What you described is integration (so plugins are wrote in way they integrate with each other). Those logos next to Compatibility mean that plugin with work with those and they wont be clashing – they will work correctly together when installed and activated on the same site.

For example: if you take a look on badges on themes https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/issue/ page, there is no BuddyPress listed – we know that at the moment BP will not work correctly on Upfront themes, hence there is no logo.

Please note that we don’t advertise integration with BuddyPress on the detail and usage page https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/jobs-and-experts/

Your ideas are really great and hopefully in project manager will consider doing full integration of Jobs & Experts with BuddyPress.

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.