BuddyPress+Multisite Automatic plugin activation on sub-blog creation.

Hey guys!

I'm running a BP+WPMU installation, with BP running as the main site.
There'll be two different user levels, one who can create blogs and other who can't.

What I need is, when the user who can create a new blog creates it, I want one plugin to be activated, so I do not want to network activate it, I want it to be activated automatically for each sub-blog created. This plugin I want to be automatically activated is a specific plugin I can't tell what is, 'cause it is the source of my project, but it is a normal plugin that works in multisite and obviously is installed in my WP, but not multisite activated.

Summarizing: I want every time some user creates a new blog, a specific plugin must be activated automatically.

Is there a plugin to do that?

Thanks

Derek

PS: Please, I don't know what else I have to do to be helped out, so could someone help me with this: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/network-theme-search#post-341616 ????????

• PC

Hello @Derek

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Summarizing: I want every time some user creates a new blog, a specific plugin must be activated automatically.

Is there a plugin to do that?

You can use the ProSites plugin and as per the levels in the plugin, you can decide what all plugins should be activated for which level. Its pretty easy to do :slight_smile:

PS: Please, I don't know what else I have to do to be helped out, so could someone help me with this: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/network-theme-search#post-341616 ????????

I am looking into that one now.

Cheers, PC

• Derek

Hi @Pranaya Chaudhary

Well, I read the Pro Sites page and what I saw is that you can create plans and decide what plugins are activatable.
    What I want is one plugin to be automatically activated, so when a new site is create the plugin is alread activated and working. This plugin has a configuration wizard, that's why I want to automatically activate it, 'cause if I network activate the plugin, the plugin will be activated but the configuration wizard does not work.
    So I want when a new user creates a new blog this plugin be activated in this step and when the users visits his dashboard for de first time the wizard shows it's notfication and the user can begin to configurate the plugin, no need to go to plugins page and activate it. All the other plugins I`m going to use the pro site to do that, so the user will need to go to plugins page and activate them.

Does the Pro Sites do that as well?

Thanks

• Patrick

Hi @Derek

We haven't heard from you in awhile. So I'm checking if this issue was resolved in another thread? Or using our live support? Or by yourself separately to us?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the "Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)" box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.