Buddypress/Multisite Theme

Hello, can anyone tell me, if this is the appropriate form, why when I activate a MU theme from wpmudev it breaks my site?

multiuser is set up correctly and buddypress is configured, I had to delete the theme to get my site to reappear

• ctfrench1
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Really I have tried two buddypress themes on WPMUDEV and they both kick out this error When I activate the Blogs MU theme, I get this server error,

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://sandslink.com/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Does anyone know why?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ctfrench1,

Sorry for the delay here which is partially due to the way the ticket system sees any posts to a ticket as explained below:

****Please note:****
    One reason in this particular ticket here that we are having delays in a response is because of the way the ticket system works. The ticket system see's every reply as well a reply ... and then changes it's priority in the support que to include ticket aging.

Therefore it may not show up on our screens as early as it would under normal conditions. It is usually in your best interest to not bump tickets or reply to them unless there is something significant to add.
    ****Please note****

Now on to the issue at hand.

The issue you are describing is usually a insufficient memory error and with that said using Buddy Press you usually need at least around 128MB of PHP memory.

Therefore lets see how much memory is indeed allocated to your hosting.

Please download and install the WP-Memory-Usage plugin and advise as to the two sets of numbers it indicates that you have for memory.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hello, hope you're well.

Just following up on some threads here and noted that we've not heard from you in a while.

If you're still looking for some assistance on this thread then please by all means reopen it or create a fresh thread for any new questions.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.