buddystream twitter issue

When on the frontend, and adjusting your social media settings, twitter is spewing this at me:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception' with message 'Read timed out after 10 seconds' in /home/prayerwo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddystream/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:512 Stack trace: #0 /home/prayerwo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddystream/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php(330): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->_checkSocketReadTimeout() #1 /home/prayerwo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddystream/Zend/Http/Client.php(989): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->read() #2 /home/prayerwo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddystream/Zend/Oauth/Http/RequestToken.php(160): Zend_Http_Client->request() #3 /home/prayerwo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddystream/Zend/Oauth/Http.php(175): Zend_Oauth_Http_RequestToken->_attemptRequest(Array) #4 /home/prayerwo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddystream/Zend/Oauth/Http.php(191): Zend_Oauth_Http->startRequestCycle(Array) #5 /home/prayerwo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddystream/Zend/Oauth/Http.php(191): Zend_Oauth_Http->startRequestCycl in /home/prayerwo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddystream/Zend/Oauth/Http.php on line 178

i read somewhere that you should disable, then re-enable to fix this... however that didn't work for me.