Bug alert: wpmu dev dashboard not successfully activating plugins

I want to activate a plugin for a single sub-site in my mult-site install.

I installed a plugin, however did not network activate.

I then go to my network admin > sites > select the blog i want to add the plugin to > click on the settings tab for that blog > scroll to the bottom of the page to Plugin Override Options > select the check box for the corresponding plugin > save changes

The check box will remain checked, but will not activate the plugin on the individual sub blog as expected.

As a super user I can login into the blog and then go to plugins and manually activate the plugin for the blog...however the wpmudev dashboard plugin is not working as expected.

Points please!

• Ash

Hi there

I am notified that my support is marked as unhelpful. Sorry for that.

As I wanted to say that our DEV Dashboard has no control with plugin distribution in a multisite, it's a core wordpress feature. Our dashboard plugin only helps you to communicate with us, download/update your plugins/themes etc. And I think you got the point too :slight_smile:

To confirm, can u tell me if u have the same issue with wordpress 3.8.1 in activating plugins for individual sites?

Well, I didn't get any issue like this, it can be conflict with any plugin or theme. If you permit to troubleshoot in your site, I can do so.

Would you please grant support access from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access so that I can check?

Alternatively, send me login details.

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash
    Details: Send all required details (admin info and/or ftp details) with a link of this thread, so that I can track.
    Also post a note here once you send the info.

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

Hi there

I think I got what's misunderstanding here. You are using Pro Sites right?

Let me explain.

I then go to my network admin > sites > select the blog i want to add the plugin to > click on the settings tab for that blog > scroll to the bottom of the page to Plugin Override Options > select the check box for the corresponding plugin > save changes

This section won't enable plugin in the subsite, it will make the plugin available for that site.

For example, you have a Pro Sites level - Level 1 and you selected plugins A, B and C available for the subsites in that level. Now assume that site 1 is under Pro Level 1. So, plugin D is not available for site 1. From the settings tab, you can select plugin D available for site 1, that means overwrite the Pro Site premium plugin settings.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.