Bug: Appointments+ / [app_services] insert weird things

As I have been evaluating more resource booking /appointment plugins I have installed (and later seemingly completely uninstalled) more plugins such as: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/easyreservations/

The problem now is that the [app_services] shortcode inserts a plain, non-processed shortcode on my appointment booking page: [easy_calendar resource=”163″ width=”100″ style=”1″ req=”1″ price=”0″] which comes from this uninstalled plugin I mentioned above.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

Sorry, but I have to intervene as I see “bug” in the title here.

Are you trying to add a shortcode inside service description page?

It will not work. This is not a bug of A+, but a limitation how WordPress handles shortcodes in post content. Had I allowed it, then there would an infinite loop and your server would crash.

In general you cannot use shortcodes in service description or provider bio pages automatically.

Cheers,

Hakan

• j__zsef_j__roli
    • New Recruit

Hi!

The strangest thing is that if I insert the [app_services] twice, the stranger plugin shortcode will be displayed twice..

Anyway, the source is the following:

<table>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2"></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>[app_services] </td>
    <td></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>[app_schedule title="<h3>Foglaltsági naptár erre a hétre: START-END</h3>"]</td>
    <td>[app_schedule add="1" title="<h3>Foglaltsági naptár a következ? hétre: START-END)</h3>"]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_pagination step="2"]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_login]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_confirmation]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2"></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

What you have both written is quite expected if there are shortcodes inside service description pages.

My question is still valid:

Please visit service description pages and check if the other plugin added its shortcodes there.

Did you check this?

• j__zsef_j__roli
    • New Recruit

Hakan,

Thank you for the tip! The fact is that this specific theme handles pages so that I can set them either as a static page or as a listing page. As the latter was set, basically the body field was hidden at the edit screen and unused by the theme too. That’s why I haven’t realised that there was that shortcode in question left.

So it was a mere coincidence what made me think this is a problem of your plugin, neither I knew that the shortcode in question in fact injects the description from the bio page.

Thanks again, and sorry again!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.