Bug at admin bar hiding after toggle screen.

Trying this plugin! I wanted to hide Admin Bar completely. I did by choosing the option. Then i went to add a post/page. When i used toggle screen option for fullscreen editing and returned, i could see the admin bar appearing from then. Could you help erase this bug? At the same time, “Force “Easy” mode for user with this role” does not have member role in it. Could you help add for all user created roles and member role to force Easy mode with them?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings vinay_sagar,

Sorry to see that you are having some issues with the Easy Blogging plugin.

In your last posts you mentioned some items then you added that you did not use the add menu option yet.

Can you now please consolidate and let us know what issues you are now experiencing?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• vinay_sagar
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello aecnu!

Don’ think i’m mocking here or anything like that. Just testing out the plug in and reporting so that it can be bettered. So the issues i found after testing it with Multisite 3.4.2 and Buddypress 1.6.1 are:

#issue no 1: I wanted to hide Admin Bar completely. I did by choosing the option. Then i went to add a post/page. When i used toggle screen option for fullscreen editing and returned, i could see the admin bar appearing thereafter.

#issue no 2: When you click on the menu, the animation is causing the text inside the menu to jump to the below menu before the loading time! Small error at animating buttons!

Thank you for the reply.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings vinay_sagar,

Hey no problem, just trying to get to the bottom of what is going on so that we can take the appropriate actions necessary to resolve any issues and thank you for the additional input as well.

#issue no 1: I wanted to hide Admin Bar completely. I did by choosing the option. Then i went to add a post/page. When i used toggle screen option for fullscreen editing and returned, i could see the admin bar appearing thereafter.

You may be better off using the following coding by adding this in functions.php:

/* Disable WordPress Admin Bar for all users but admins. */
    if (!current_user_can('administrator')):
    show_admin_bar(false);
    endif;

To achieve your desired results concerning the Admin Bar.

#issue no 2: When you click on the menu, the animation is causing the text inside the menu to jump to the below menu before the loading time! Small error at animating buttons!

I admit that cannot replicate this where the screen just flashes for me and is displaying the anticipated results.

In any event I will see what the lead developer may think of this issue.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• vinay_sagar

Thanks aecnu. About using it in fuctions.php, i only wanted this to happen in the dashboard area and hence chose easy blogging plugin. I liked the custom dashboard which gives it the white-labelled look for my dashboard. And with the given code, i think it will be totally disabled. So i requested to take out the bug in the next version.

And about the second issue, it’s a small/minute design issue nothing big. And it happens on all sites. May be you should try on a loaded server/moderate internet speed i guess. Watch the text in the button for after you click and have your cursor placed on the button!

Second as said is minute(sorry for expecting perfection at minute level). But the first should be considered and it’s a request.

Thank you again! :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings vinay_sagar,

Thank you for your continued thoughtful clarification and I have indeed flagged the lead developer into this ticket.

Though I own a hosting company, we do not have anything that is running with a load higher then 1.0 … lol … but thank you for the suggestion :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

• vinay_sagar

Thanks for the support Joe!

And i missed your name in the previous comments. :slight_smile:

And good to hear about your hosting company. When my project starts i’m going for a huge number of dedicated servers. Hope i may even get some help regarding that. :slight_smile:

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this, I was able to confirm the issue #1 you mentioned, and I’m working on a fix for the issue. As for the issue #2 (menu animation), unfortunately I wasn’t able to recreate the behavior you mentioned. Can you please include a bit more info i.e. what browser (and what operating system) you used when this happened? Also, if you could take a screenshot of the issue, that would be of great help too.

• vinay_sagar

Vladislav,

Thank you so much. Happy to hear about the first issue. And sorry about the second one as it is only happening in Chrome. Notice the "Comments" text having moved in to the "Manage Themes" button after clicking in Chrome. And i use Windows 7 Ultimate with latest version of Java installed.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings lpo,

Thank you for the additional input which is certainly appreciated and I will let the lead developer know of its existence and hopefully this will help narrow in on what needs to be considered in a permanent cure for this phenomenon.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.