BUG: Domain Mapping permissions

Ability to have access to domain mapping for a NETWORK admin for a site disappears if the site moves to a free tier.

Access to these settings should be avail at all times to NETWORK admins regardless of all pricing and tier scenarios.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ben,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I understand your point but I wouldn't consider it a bug. The idea is that Domain Mapping features (used with Pro Sites) can be made available for all or certain Pro Sites levels only. This means that only sites of certain Pro Sites levels can make use of mapped domains and others can't. Therefore that's more like a "design decision" rather than a bug.

I agree though that it would be handy if network admin could make use of Domain Mapping for each and every site of the network regardless of whatever Pro Sites level it's been assigned. I have moved this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum and if more members of our community will support that idea, it's possible that our developers will implement it in one of the future versions of the Domain Mapping plugin.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Ben

This is a bug, it was not always this way for the feature. There is absolutely no reason a network admin shouldn't have full domain on all the sites, a network admin can add himself as a user, upgrade a site to paid as a workaround...but that's ridiculous.

In addition consider this scenario, pro-site with a domain mapping feature expires or isn't paid, then it gets demoted to a free site with the setting set to not allow domains.

The domain is still added, but the ability to remove the domain by the network admin is gone.

I agree though that it would be handy if network admin could make use of Domain Mapping for each and every site of the network regardless of whatever Pro Sites level it's been assigned

Its not just handy its necessary, and it used to exist until I believe last june when things got all messed up with the untested new pro-site plugin.

So...this goes way beyond a feature request...and in reality not hard to change to do a user status check to exclude blocking network admin from features in pro-sites and domain mapping.

Thanks.

• Thomas Edgell

Ben Adam Czajczyk
    I agree that there should always be access by the network admin. No company would allow an employee have access that the owner/admin could not have access. I don't agree that it is a "bug" since it is not an error or a " or a "design decision" if meaning the web designer. Rather, it was a "programming design decision". This definitely needs to be addressed immediately.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello!

ben

I do understand your point but still, this is not a bug even though it wasn't always this way. I do agree that super admin should have access to this features regardless of the Pro Sites status of the site though.

Thomas Edgell,

The "programming design decision" - that's exactly what I meant.

Having that said, even though I moved this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum I also forwarded this thread to the Domain Mapping lead developer directly.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.