Bug. Duplicate Buddypress profile menu

Hi,

I’m using wordpress 3.9.2 and Buddypress 2.1, there seems to be a bug with a duplicate menu in the buddypress profile menu, when i click on these menu items Send invites, Discussions, Events, and Ads there is a duplicate menu on the buddypress profile menu pages, but not all of them, the right sidebar also displays at the bottom of the page.

Thanks,

Wayne,

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @wayne, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Is this bug report in regards to BuddyPress itself, or a plugin/theme of ours?

If it's in regards to a plugin/theme of ours, could you mention which one this is please?

If it's in regards to BuddyPress itself, then I would recommend bringing it up to them, as they'd be in a position to remedy this. I would first have a look at their guidelines though:

https://codex.buddypress.org/participate-and-contribute/reporting-bugs/

Just to be sure though that it's a bug with BuddyPress itself, I'd recommend having a peek at our "Getting Support" page, just to rule out the possibility of a plugin/theme conflict:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

I'd also like to mention that as you're not using the latest version of WordPress presently, it's possible that that's a factor in all this as well (one that the BuddyPress folks may bring up).

Please advise,
    Michael

• wayne
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Michael,

It's not a bug with Buddypress or Wordpress as i have updated to the latest version. I have also deactivated all plugins except Buddypress, and changed to the default theme bp-social where there is no duplicate menu. And also the twenty fourteen theme without no duplicate menu.

So i guess it is definitely the child theme bp-social-child. I have been looking in the files of the child theme for this issue, which i cannot find.

I would appreciate it if you could have a further look through the files for me to see where this issue is?

Regards,

Wayne,

• wayne

Hi Ash,

i have not made any recent modifications to the child theme. where everything has been working fine. Just until recently, I do not know what is causing this.

Yes i am using the default child theme that comes with the theme.

I would really appreciate it if you could take a closer look?

Thanks,

Wayne,

• wayne

Hi Ash,

I seem to have a problem with the site, i cannot login at all with the admin username and password, and even as a user. I really do not know how this issue came across. I have disabled all plugins via FTP and disabled the child theme, and still without gaining access to the site.

Any ideas on how to get back into the site?

Thanks,

Wayne,

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @wayne

I hope you are well today.

First take a backup of entire site.

Can you provide me your cpanel details? If yes, I can try to reset the password for an user.

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash
    Details: Send all required details (cpanel details) with a link of this thread, so that I can track.
    Also post a note here once you send the info.

And let me know which user I should reset.

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• wayne

Hi Ash,

Have you had a look within the files and the site to see why there is a duplicate Buddypress profile menu? I've been searching for a fix for this issue on google for some time now.

I know it is not a plugin conflict, because i disabled all plugins except buddypress, I think it might have to do with the bp social child theme, I have opened all files within the child theme and i can't see any duplicate code anywhere, So i'm wondering if something has been duplicated in the data base?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Wayne,

• wayne

Hi Ash,

I found that the members and groups folders copied over from Bp default theme to my child theme was causing the duplicate menu, So i deleted them.

I really need these folders copied over to make the customization's, everything was fine before, then the duplicate menu just appeared.

Could you copy the folders back over to the child theme to see why the menu is being duplicated?

Thanks,

Wayne,

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @wayne

In latest version of the theme there should not be any members folder, it will conflict. So it is removed from parent theme as well.

If you want to make your own buddypress template or customize the default BP template, please follow the guidelines:
    https://codex.buddypress.org/themes/theme-compatibility-1-7/a-quick-look-at-1-7-theme-compatibility/

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.