Bug? e-Newsletter user permissions

On the user permissions page, I am trying to prevent the Editor role from accessing the Dashboard page of this plugin. However, editors can still see it when they login.

The idea of incorporating user permissions into this plugin was a great one. I'd love to see this kind of functionality baked into all of your plugins. I'm currently using Advanced Access Manager plugin to achieve this kind of control. Having a panel within your plugin makes it so much easier.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @simplifiedweb,

With the plugin, permissions are actually setup a bit differently. This is so you can fine tune things to have any user level work with specific areas of e-Newsletter

To have all the options:
    On single site the capability that is checked is: "manage_options"
    For Multisite it is "manage_network_options"

Then the additional capabilities you can use are:

create_newsletter
    save_newsletter
    send_newsletter
    delete_newsletter
    create_newsletter_group
    edit_newsletter_group
    delete_newsletter_group
    change_newsletter_group
    view_newsletter_members
    add_newsletter_member
    delete_newsletter_member
    add_members_group
    delete_members_group
    save_newsletter_settings
    view_newsletter_dashboard
    import_newsletter_members
    install_newsletter
    uninstall_newsletter

By default, the plugin will ensure that the administrator role always has access to each any every one of the custom permissions.

It's possible that you have your editor setup to manage options, or somehow any of the privileges above have been added to the user. Hopefully this information helps you get this sorted out, but if you're still having issues with the editors having access let me know and I can help you troubleshoot.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.