bug ! generating white screen on edit/post/new

hi

Big, serious problem.

Found the culprit of my white screen of death : Infinite SEO :slight_frown:

also have a blank screen on http://mysite.com/wp-admin/network/settings.php?page=wds_wizard

Problem, ISEO set many entries in the tables , and does NOT delete properly in case of deactivation.

How to totally clean the database and reinstall it ?

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

Ok, cleaned manually the database with clean options, and removed all wds settings. Still the same, settings are no more accessibles, and withe page on post / edit pages and posts, custom posts, etc.

help :slight_frown:

nothing in error logs

nothing on wp debug

:slight_frown: :slight_frown: :slight_frown:

In addition :

– Main site sitemap generates a network error saying impossible to load stylesheet (but the option is deactivated) when manually update in

http://mgr-artagency.com/wp-content/plugins/wds-files/wds-sitemaps/xsl/xml-sitemap.xsl

– Unable to retrieve data from the SEOmoz API. Error: on all sites main widget but OK on page /post widgets

EDIT

Performed a fress multisite install, and still problem on sitemap generation : the path to sitemap was empty. Set it up mannually but sitemap still not found…

• puccino
    • The Crimson Coder

For me it’s a plugin conflict, it comes from tinymce advanced.

I have network activated tinymce advanced, and i can’t access to infinite seo settings.

I have deactivated it and now i can see ISEO settings page. :disappointed:

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

mmm ok for that point. deactivated it / reactivated and i can acces the settings goooooood !

now remain the additionnal issues :

– Main site sitemap generates a network error saying impossible to load stylesheet (but the option is deactivated) when manually update in

http://mgr-artagency.com/wp-content/plugins/wds-files/wds-sitemaps/xsl/xml-sitemap.xsl

– Unable to retrieve data from the SEOmoz API. Error: on all sites site widget but OK on page /post widgets. The settings show the seo moz correctly.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings folks,

Considering the fact that I recall another member in a separate post having this same issue claims it is all good now I will go ahead in my house keeping effort close this ticket.

However, if any of you participating in this thread still have an issue please fell free to check mark this ticket as not resolved below and be sure to post any additional information related to this thread below.

Cheers, Joe

• marcusjwilson
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I can confirm that I’m also experiencing what I think was a similar problem with Infinite SEO.

On one of my larger sites (4000+ posts), the WordPress 3.3.1 admin area has been deathly slow for the last week, and ofter timing out when performing operations like deleting multiple posts, publishing a post, etc. It has also been reporting memory outages, and pushing the CPU usage very high.

After disabling a whole load of plugins, I THINK it was when I disabled Infinite SEO that things came right again. I can now perform all normal admin operations without seeing these problems now.

I only installed Infinite SEO a week ago (which coincided with the problem starting), so I’m unsure if this is a conflict with an existing plugin. However, I will remove the SEO plugin for now until you can confirm what the issue might be.

Thanks

Marcus

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Everyone,

I suspect that for the majority the symptoms you are having with the Infinite SEO plugin are directly to the causes I have outlined in this post:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/infinite-seo-casuing-500-errors#post-209733

And re-enforced by marcusjwilson comments above:

On one of my larger sites (4000+ posts), the WordPress 3.3.1 admin area has been deathly slow for the last week, and ofter timing out when performing operations like deleting multiple posts, publishing a post, etc. It has also been reporting memory outages, and pushing the CPU usage very high.

So please fell free to check out my post above which there is no reason in duplicating here and I include a phpinfo.php file to see what your settings are really at.

I look forward to seeing some of you over there.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings puccino,

In your specific case it is my opinion is that the memory is not as big an issue as the time is since there must be enough time (max_execution_time) for the script to run to complete the build of the sitemap which is totally dependent upon the amount of items to be mapped.

Several folks have found that adjusting these settings up from the default hosting settings have not only improved performance but have indeed cured several anomalies.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings puccino,

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

I sincerely appreciate you working with me to hopefully resolve this issue. Unfortunately I have never been able to replicate it – that is what makes it so tough.

I have changed values, and i still have the problem, white screen

Very interesting indeed.

What did you change them to please?

Does phpinfo.php confirm the change?

And how many posts etc. do you have?

I found earlier that you had reported:

@aphrodite do you still habe white page, it’s strange because now i have white page some times, and some times i can access ISEO page settings…

And i have the same problem with SEOmoz API but sitemap is working.

Has this changed or is it still intermittent or always on so to speak?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• puccino
    • The Crimson Coder

It’s the same thing, some times it’s working, some times it’s not working.

For now it’s working, yesterday it wasn’t working.

I have changed value as you described in your post

memory_limit 512MB

max_execution_time 240 s

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings puccino,

Thank you so much for the URL, it helps a lot.

While I am visiting your site I am analyzing its performance to attempt to figure out what the sitemap performance problem may be. Some of the information supplied may not be a direct relation to the site maps but provided as an courtesy FYI.

In analysis, the first thing I noticed was the time google fonts took to load the page, which is actually the first major performance killer of your website as the Google fonts API eats up the time and loading of the site giving a horrible loading time of between best 14.4 seconds to 16.1 seconds for non browser cached visitors.

Next is SEO Doctor which points out deficiencies in web sites including performance metrics and I have supplied the results as the first graphic below.

The second attached graphic is from Page Speed recommended by Google and the results speak for themselves.

The last attached (third) graphic is the sitemap.xml which generated in an outstanding 0.982 seconds and no white screens in Firefox 12.0.

So I thought about it and decided to test other browsers to: Internet Explorer 9 no problem, and last but not least Opera 11.62 which gave the clue as to what the problem may be at the bottom:

</url>

<url>

<loc>

http://cdesite.com/tag/site-vitrine/

</loc>

<lastmod>

2012-04-04T16:09:09+00:00

</lastmod>

<changefreq>

weekly

</changefreq>

<priority>

</priority>

</url>

<url>

<loc>

http://cdesite.com/help/categories/themes-premium/

</loc>

<lastmod>

2012-04-04T16:09:09+00:00

</lastmod>

<changefreq>

weekly

</changefreq>

<priority>

</priority>

</url>

</urlset>

<!– Dynamic page generated in 0.907 seconds. –>

<!– Cached page generated by WP-Super-Cache on 2012-04-28 19:05:08 –>

<!– Compression = gzip –>

During your tests and you were receiving a white screen, had WP Super Cache in fact generated the cached version of sitemap.xml yet?

This may be the very reason that you were getting the blank white screen that WP Super Cache in fact had not created the cached page of the sitemap.xml file.

Please clear your browser cache files, test again and please advise as to what you are getting now that it is certain that WP Super Cache has in fact cached the sitemap.xml file.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Aphrodite,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• Race Media
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

This problem has just started on a number of my sites.

It was blank pages being served on post-new.php but after new wp update it is blank page being serevd when trying to post

Also of note – the sitemap has not being updating itself after each post

• Visions nouvelles
    • Flash Drive

Hi team,

I have the same problem on several sites using WordPress 3.4 and ISEO 1.4.2

Settings are no longer accessible and editing pages canceled because of a blank page.

I disabled all plugins installed leaving only ISEO but the problem persists. Everything works again when I turn off ISEO

I’m on a dedicated server at OVH for which there is currently no overload.

Any solution?

Thanks

• Mark
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I just recently started having this problem but it wasn’t because I upgraded. There may be a conflict with another plug-in (I just recently upgraded some plug ins) but I have not tested for that. I turned ISEO off for the time being and was going to start a thread about it but perhaps someone can assist me here. Not sure what to do, need some help on this.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Heya Everyone,

Please accept my apologies about not letting you know about the latest release. As soon as Ve fixed it, it was launched and the thread just skipped from my eyes…. I think I am getting weaker :smiley:

Cheers

PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.