Bug in BuddyPress sign-up page fields

Hi, I am using the Business theme with BuddyPress. 2 problems:

1. On the sign-up page, in the fields that are auto-generated there is a visual glitch. I have attached a screen shot that shows the Confirm Password field is out of place instead of underneath the field title. How do I fix that? My site is at http://whub25.webhostinghub.com/~united66/

2. When I tested the sign-up form, I put in my User Name as lori test 1, and it says "only lower case numbers and letters allowed", but what it needs to says is, no spaces allowed. When I took out the spaces, it accepted my submission. How can I add the phrase "No spaces allowed." to that same error box? Also, how can I change the color of the error box? If you can tell me where to access this code for the error phrase and the box color, I can figure out the rest.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi there!

Taking a look at the page it seems you can just adjust the width of the box in the business-buddypress.css file. That should do the trick to fix it :slight_smile:

I'll attach a pic.

As for the Only lowercase letters and numbers allowed message,

That is located in the Wordpress Core as that is a Wordpress restriction.

Upon a quick search I'm not able to locate that exact file. very sorry.

Best!

Kimberly

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Very sorry. Your statement:

If you can tell me where to access this code for the error phrase and the box color, I can figure out the rest.

was a bit misleading it seems.

You will need to go to your plugin files. Download the business-buddypress.css file from your theme files, look around line 442 for the width parameter above.

Best,

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.