Bug in plugin - sitemap in the new site points to sitemap at original site

Having latest SEO and CLONER plugins installed, I found that in the newly created (cloned) site's dashboard (where is the sitemap widget created by SEO) the link mentioned in the widget points to the sitemap of original site. I cloned another site with the same result.

Please let me know how to correct this issue.

Thank you in advance,

Aurelian

• Aurelian

Hi Predrag,

thank you for quick answer, with your proposed solution another cloned site has the sitemap issue solved (points to the right site and force sitemap update now works.
    I suppose with the update of the Cloner plug the mu-plugins code should be removed?

Please let me have two more question:
    1. The original site had no posts. While cloning there is a "console" reporting detailed actions. I saw an ERROR reported directly after a line with "No posts" mention, just on a line bellow. You think it is related to No posts fact or something else may be wrong?

2. One of my cloned sites has been completely translated, so I do not prefer to clone it again, would it be possible to scan mysql records and change only some "site" values?

Thank you in advance,
    Aurelian

• Aurelian

I updated Cloner to today latest and re-cloned a site. Now I cannot setup W3 total cache for this new site (I have W3TC network activated, as recommended every site has its specific settings.)
    When I go to plugins page on the new site, this message constantly re-appears:
    "W3 Total Cache: Default settings are in use. The configuration file could not be read or doesn't exist. Please Save settings to create the file".
    Normally when you save W3TC settings for this page, the message dissapears.
    The W3TC separate configuration for this page seems to exist, though. I can export it, import it after reset, but the above message persists.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @Aurelian,

Sorry for the delay here.

Yes, after the plugin update you should remove mu-plugin and it should work.

Note that I tried cloning site on my installation with W3TC active and no posts on original site and didn't see any of the issues you mentioned but I'll try helping here with some solutions.

1. The original site had no posts. While cloning there is a "console" reporting detailed actions. I saw an ERROR reported directly after a line with "No posts" mention, just on a line bellow. You think it is related to No posts fact or something else may be wrong?

Try going to Settings > Cloner in your network admin and disable Posts option from there, if the error is still showing could you please post what the error is or screenshot it?

2. One of my cloned sites has been completely translated, so I do not prefer to clone it again, would it be possible to scan mysql records and change only some "site" values?

Could you please elaborate this a bit more, which values are you looking to change?

I updated Cloner to today latest and re-cloned a site. Now I cannot setup W3 total cache for this new site (I have W3TC network activated, as recommended every site has its specific settings.)
    When I go to plugins page on the new site, this message constantly re-appears:
    "W3 Total Cache: Default settings are in use. The configuration file could not be read or doesn't exist. Please Save settings to create the file".

Can you try changing permissions of wp-content/w3tc-config/ and wp-content/cache/ folders to 755 and check if it's working after that?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.