Bug: Latest Update Removed All My Dashboard Widgets in Easy Mode!

This is strange… In Standard Mode, I see all the dashboard widgets I want without a problem. (I’m using Custom Dashboard Widget + Dashboard Feeds Plugins and only showing those widgets).

However, in the Wizard Mode and Easy Mode, my dashboard is completely empty. When I see what options are available in the Screen Options drop down, I only see an option for the Welcome nag. Everything else is gone…

So I went over to the Easy Blogging Dashboard Items settings to see if that could be the culprit.

I see this checkboxes for these items:

[box w/ no description]

[box w/ no description]

Old title for Custom DB widget

[box w/ no description]

[box w/ no description]

[box w/ no description]

Recent Updates (a old 3rd party feed widget I no longer use)

[box w/ no description]

[box w/ no description]

[box w/ no description]

[box w/ no description]

Affiliate Report (affiliates plugin)

The Latest News From Range (twitter pro plugin i disabled)

Blubrry PowerPress & Community Podcast (powerpress plugin)

Blubrry Podcast Statistics

Site Stats (jetpack)

OptimizePress Updates (feed from OP)

I made sure EVERYTHING is unchecked to make sure nothing is hidden…

Still didn’t fix it.

By the way, how do I remove these OLD widgets that I don’t even use anymore – some of their plugins not even active, and others I modified the plugin to completely take out the dashboard widget… (feature request – to clean up inactive entries?)

Please advise!

• Denis Lam
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I look forward to see what they’ll say. I really think the newest Easy Blogger has quite a few bugs.

Just this morning for instance, I created some new MS sites and my permission was refused – “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this admin page.”

when I click on the Easy or Wizard Mode. I’m reverting back to an older version to see if that’ll fix it – will report back.

• Denis Lam
    • The Incredible Code Injector

UPDATE: I tried reverting back to the older version of EasyBlogger and the problems still persisted. Looks like there are issues with the table entries in the DB created by EB that’s preventing the right widgets to show up on the Dashboard.

UPDATE: By making sure that I have all the boxes in “Remove Dashboard Wigdets” settings under the Ultimate Branding Plugin unchecked, I managed to only get the Right Now widget showing in EasyMode.

Everything in Standard mode has no problems.

UPDATE: I just did a test on a fresh multisite install… with Custom DB Widget and Easy Blogging installed and found out that only the Welcome nag and Right Now widgets can be shown in Easy Blogging – feeds, custom widgets and all others are not shown.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The Dashboard widgets setup” add-on works by collecting the dashboard widgets suppressed by the plugin core and showing them in a list which allows you to enable some of them back. In other words, to have a list properly populated with the widgets you have active, you have to have the widget suppressed by the plugin at least once (i.e. you have to visit the dashboard page in Easy Mode before the add-on picks up the new widgets). As for the old (removed) widgets, the add-on keeps a full history of the widgets, so this is normal.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

No, unfortunately I actually wasn’t able to – the dashboard widgets history seemed to work just fine for me. Can we please try to reset your history in order to see what’s going on? You can do that by deleting the row with “wdeb_wdws_history” meta key from your sitemeta table. After this is done, please revisit your dashboard in Easy mode to trigger the repopulation of the suppression history.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.