Bug Report for Events+: RSVPs on recurring events

Two issue, one bigger, one smaller.

RSVPs on recurring events:
In Events+ there is an issue with the RSVPs and recurring events. When a user RSVPs for multiple dates on a recurring event, they are displayed correctly on each individual event on the front end, but not on the backend.

In the RSVP section on the Edit Event page, the RSVPs appear multiple times, but with no differentiation regarding which date(s) the user RSVPd for. Moreover, the CSV export file does not contain this information either. All you get is a bunch repeats of a user's picture but no details as to which events he/she is actually planning to attend. This makes it difficult when event-date specific emails need to be sent out.

I know this isn't a bug in the traditional sense, its more that RSVPs are underdeveloped for recurring events.

Display of RSVP counts:
One other issue we noticed is that the total RSVP count is only displayed in one place, which is in the dashboard on the all events page. They are not displayed on the front end, nor on the event edit page. It would be useful to (at least have the option) display the RSVP counts next to the words "Attending", "Maybe", and "No" on the front end and in the RSVP section of the dashboard edit page. This should also apply to the RSVP widget as well.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Saunt Valerian, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

As for the first issue (RSVPs on recurring events), I'm unable to replicate this presently, could you enable Support Access, so that I could have a closer look at this?

As for the second issue (Display of RSVP counts), that sounds like something best suited for a feature request thread, though I do like the idea. :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/feature-suggestions#question

Regards,
    Michael

• Saunt Valerian

Support access granted. Here's a link to the one where we are testing it out. http://newsline-dev.prometheusfire.me/wp-admin/post.php?post=2686&action=edit

Perhaps I'm doing it wrong, or need to understand it better, but I just saw the edit instances link where we can navigate to the individual instances of the recurring. I just don't understand why we are getting so many RSVPs for the same person. If it is working the way it is intended, I need to understand it better so I can give clearer instructions to the client.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Saunt Valerian,

Okay, now I'm seeing what you're talking about, and I'm seeing this on my test sites as well (had a hiccup with them for a bit there, which is why I didn't see this before).

Perhaps I'm doing it wrong, or need to understand it better, but I just saw the edit instances link where we can navigate to the individual instances of the recurring. I just don't understand why we are getting so many RSVPs for the same person. If it is working the way it is intended, I need to understand it better so I can give clearer instructions to the client.

The thing here is that ordinarily, you wouldn't be seeing a bunch of RSVPs for each person, as users aren't typically able to access multiple event date pages (they subscribe for each event as it comes up).

You as an admin are able to access the separate event pages, and thus are able to RSVP for multiple dates at once (thus having the RSVPs show like they do), but the plugin wasn't designed to have people subscribe like to multiple dates like this.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance please. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.