BUG REPORT - Hummingbird crashing DIVI sites

BUG REPORT

It is again Hummingbird's caching I think as it is not only on blog posts but also on DIVI

You import a new layout save it and you look at it and modify it and wonderful it looks so nice - haha. You send the link to your customer and they are shocked that absolutely nothing has been done since days!

Just yesterday we had that problem and it is even worse as when you reload the page twice it loses parts of js and css in divi and suddenly some background colors are gone and buttons move to their defaults and that happens on ALL pages suddenly out of nothing.

Clear cache won't help!
Cloudflare what we also took into account is not the culprit
As an interim solution, you can complete deactivating the hummingbird - which means you need to deactivate it in the whole network as only there you can make the cache settings
or you try to solve the problem by deactivating the caching
It is actually not acceptable that this happens at all as it is really so that if you are logged in to your site you will NOT see the problem, but your customers will simply run away!!!

We decided to make sure that does not happen again and deactivated Hummingbird completely!

We can't wait for another disaster!

If you think clearing local cache will help you are completely wrong as this won't help at all!

checking clear full cache when post/page is updated - won't work either!
Only the press on the button clear cache is helping for a moment - a real headache!

As all those settings can only be made on a complete network base!!!

It MUST be possible to disable the caching on a site per site base as otherwise a network of more than 10, 100 or 1000's of sites is without caching at all!

Kind regards
Andi

• Andi

Anton please test it out we lost already people because of that and there was absolute no warning that subsites won't work when you press clearcache! We banned Hummingbird! We can't sell people and companies Multisites with such serious bugs!!! I hope you anderstand.

As the usual answer is that there is no ETA we can probably wait long time but we would need that fix today to show that at least fixes get made immediately! Subsites have to work! Not with a work around! SORRY! Yes I am angry and I guess many more here!

This is like letting WPMUDEV members run into an open knife - we are no test dummies! But that bug was known that subpages don't work!

• Anton Vanyukov

Andi,

The 'clear cache' button in Minification module will clear minification cache, 'clear cache' button in Page Caching module will clear page cache and 'clear cache' button in the header on the Dashboard page will clear both. This is clearly mentioned in the tooltips for each button.

Also, we will soon be adding options to clear various types of cache automatically, depending on what's going on on the website. That will help those, who are making changes on the websites (or themes).

Best regards,
      Anton

• Andi

Reset to defaults
    If your frontend has fallen apart or you just want to go back to the default settings you can use this button to do so. It will clear all your settings and run a new file check.

This part is the part they were no more sure as it says default and they would need to do all again - but what was the default - no way to safe the settings first to restore the settings easily. So we got involved as we were telling them how good hummingbird wpmudev multisite is etc - p.p. in the past - forget it! multisite is still good no question but hummingbird is in kindergarten alpha state! and not working on subsites!

The point is that even you check that page-caches should get cleared when changes get made on pages and posts were checked. The people who did the changes checked and saw that everything was fine and next day bum nothing working, so they go back and see everything OK. Pressing that clear cache multiple times, checking their machines, reinstalling their browsers etc. checking on other machine . Why did nobody say that it is NOT working in Multisites!

• Andi

I just checked again on another site same problem - it is a real serious bug as people believe their caches get cleared but nothing actually happens!

We went to one element in Divi Default Theme and changed the header from light to semi bold, we pressed see it without minification we cleared cache multiple times as I had to take that screenshot and that popup vanished away to fast until I got it.

This is the message people who change a little bit on the page

And when you then reload the page multiple times you can even somehow browse through all kind of versions of your page. The first time it is ok, the next it shows a page with even less formatting, then another state and also some mix between default state where that layout had been imported and the wrong colored one.

And the customer has no chance to get to the dashboard!!! as that is only network base visible

And only way is to enable the auto clearing ALL caches of your whole site when you have access to the dashboard which probably means the whole multisite of multiple subsites - That is really no use if you change a color or font value like in that example of a single element and then suddenly your whole page looks crashes - actually crashed with visible different versions.

That needs to get fixed! in an update not in a week or later as that can happen again and again!

• Andi

Hi Anton

I had to reopen that ticket here as yesterday we encountered the same problems again and so it does not be solved until now. Somehow the update mechanism of the cache does not seem to work properly.

I think the easiest way would be that a page where a change has been made gets updated and with it the cache of that specific page (or specific site) but not all caches of all sites in a multisite installation!

Kind regards
    Andi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.