BUG: Social links on spirit theme have disappeared upon update to new upfront 1.02

Social links on spirit theme have disappeared upon update to new upfront 1.02, did the update, now the social links are missing, investigating.

• Ben

Your demo references this file:

http://demo.upfront.pro/spirit/wp-content/themes/uf-spirit/images/sprite.svg

However this file doesn't even exist in the theme anymore and the theme is attempting to reference.

Also..these sprites need to be updated to at the very minimum to include instagram and pinterest (and more if possible).

1. Update theme to include that file
    2. Update sprite file to include at the minimum instagram and pinterest (and more if possible).
    3. Update your demo to use the actual theme you are selling

Thanks!

• Ben

Played around with it more, manually added the sprite image. Everything else is looking pretty sharp.
    One additional very important bug that I had reported before and is easily fixable but seems to be over looked is that if you embed an image and crop it in the upfront editor, a new image is created. Works great, even with S3 which is awesome. HOWEVER if you delete that image in the upfront editor, the image disappears, however is still left on the server with no way for a user to access and delete it anywhere else. There should be a routine to delete a newly created cropped upfront image when the user deletes the image as it will be used in no other location.

Other than the lack of social media sprites and leaving images on the server, this is looking pretty nice.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ben,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your questions!

It's great that you were able to fix the social icons issue. I'll check that on my own setup and forward to developers. Thank you for pointing that out!

2. Update sprite file to include at the minimum instagram and pinterest (and more if possible).
    3. Update your demo to use the actual theme you are selling

It would be great if you could just start a separate thread on our "Features and Feedback" forum as a feature request for this. As a separate post it could be then backed up by other members of our community and I think that seeing further support of this kind our developers would add more icons with one of future releases.

As for demo. I hope this will be updated soon. Recent Upfront (and its child themes') release is really fresh and we prefer to focus on providing extensive support and fast fixes in case of any bugs/issues first.

As for the images issue. I understand that you've already pointed that out in past. Could you please share a link to your thread on this with me here? I'd then check what's the status of that fix and ask developers to handle the issue if necessary!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Ben

It's great that you were able to fix the social icons issue. I'll check that on my own setup and forward to developers. Thank you for pointing that out

Points for my testing, finding fix and bug reporting...?

It would be great if you could just start a separate thread on our "Features and Feedback" forum as a feature request for this.

If there was a way to search my own posts I would. The fix for Instagram is as simple as adding the images to svg file and adding the css. The demo is of a yoga fitness person...instagram is the goto social platform for that audience...so I think it is worthy of the dev time and would take about 20 min to do start to finish.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ben!

If there was a way to search my own posts I would.

There's no need to search through the posts to do this. Posting a "Feature Request" is exactly the same as posting any other support ticket or post on our forum except you want to select "Feedback and Features Suggestion" from the drop-down box in a form.

Having said that, I've already marked that as a feature request in our internal system so developers are already aware of it. I'm not able to give you any ETA on this though as there's a long list of improvements, fixes and new features and I cannot affect its priorities in anyway.

Best regards,
    Adam