Bug: Support system user role permissions aren't working for admin

Only the "subscriber" user role permission for support system works. If you restrict support ticket access to admins only then admins still can't access the tab in wp-admin.

• zspri
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi. I was wondering if any update has been created in order to fix this problem other than the workaround provided above? This is an existing issue and I'm sure that I am not the only one experiencing it. Thanks

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi zspri ,

Although this has not been reported I could replicate this issue.

I see you have not downloaded the file. Until the fix is released you can follow instructions above and confirm if it fixes your issue as we don't have an ETA for next release date. If you feel out of your comfort zone replacing files you can provide admin and ftp access so we can do it for you.

In case you prefer us to replace this file for you, you can send us in that info privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:Subject: "Attn: Panos Lyrakis"

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

- link back to this thread for reference

Cheers!

• zspri

On a Multisite Install, are super-admins the only users allowed to be support agent?
    In other words, how do I create support agents to answer the tickets?

In addition, regarding the pro-site integration, is there away to assign PRIORITY based on the level of the pro-site user? Currently any user choose what priority they are, but it would also be helpful for the support agents to quickly notice the Pro-Site level of a user prior to responding to a ticket.

Please advise.

• zspri

Hi, I noticed that it's been a week without any response....

I also wanted to point out a bug in the plugin. Regarding FAQ, even if the setting under admin network settings is set for ALL users/admins to see the FAQ without being a pro-site member. However, the FAQ still doesn't appear for non pro-site members.

Please respond and fix.
    Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello zspri,

I apologize for late response.

On a Multisite Install, are super-admins the only users allowed to be support agent?

Yes, that is correct. Only Super Admin can be assigned to categories for support tickets.

In addition, regarding the pro-site integration, is there away to assign PRIORITY based on the level of the pro-site user?

No, there is no option for that. That would require custom coding for the plugin.

I also wanted to point out a bug in the plugin. Regarding FAQ, even if the setting under admin network settings is set for ALL users/admins to see the FAQ without being a pro-site member. However, the FAQ still doesn't appear for non pro-site members.

I tested this issue on my site and I'm not able to replicate it - if Pro Site level is not checked for FAQ then FAQ shows for users of non pro site subsite. Even for subscribers.

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this on your site?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.