Bug: Tables left behind on table deletion

I have noticed that when I delete a store, all its sub tables should also get deleted but the product_attributes and product_attribute_terms get left behind. This can get to be a lot of extra empty tables eventually.

• Nastia

Hello Erum

I hope you are doing well today!

I can confirm this on my installation too, but theoretically this is not a bug. This information stays in the database for a precaution reasons. In case the plugin is deleted by mistake, the data will not be lost. Or in case the plugin must be deleted manually and updated.

However, I will ask for the developer feedback regarding this, as soon there is an update I will post it right here.

Have a nice day and take care!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Erum

If it is precautionary then the most important data from a store would be its products...those tables get deleted. What is the point of keeping these two tables? If there are 50 stores and 25 of them decide to cancel, just as an example, there will be 50 extra tables for no reason at all. If a store is being deleted and all other tables associated with it are going, then I don't see the point in keeping these two tables. Not like there is a restore option, not to mention that is pointless without the rest of the data that got deleted in the rest of the tables.

• Nastia

Hello Erum

I hope this answer finds you well!

I had a feedback from the developer and the Marketpress plugin was designed to not delete database tables.

You can delete these tables manually from your database.

However, I have sent this to our developers so they can investigate this issue. Once there is an update me or the developer will post back in this thread.

Have a nice day and take care!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.