Bug with Default theme Plugin?

I have a multisite with about 3-4 new registrations with site-creations pr day. After I updated to WP 4.4 I had to deactivate the "Default Theme" plugin because it seamed to mess up the permalinks for the new sites that where created. I cant figure out why, but when i deactivated the plugin the problem disappeared. So i send you this message to let you know of my bug in hope that you figure out why :slight_smile:

I love the plugin so hope you figure out what the problem is and that my message can help in some way

• demilio
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

sorry about the lack of information. I can see i forgot to write a description of the problem.

The problem was that all the new blogs that was created got 404 error on the posts. Even the first "Hello world!" post got 404. This problem occurred only for the new blogs that was created. It can be a conflict between 2 plugins or something, but the problem disappeared after i deactivated the "default theme" plugin, so thats why i think it indicates that the problem is with that plugin, but i cant be sure as I haven't found out why it happened

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @demilio,

I hope had been good today!

Firstly, sorry for my late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

I tested in my install and I can't reproduce your issue. I create 2 new blogs:

1) using the admin panel (Sites -> Add new);

2) using Pro Sites.

In this 2 tests I don't receive any error in the posts.

Can you do a plugin conflict test, in order to try find what is origin that bug?

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.