Bug with WPMU Dashboard Update

Hey Guys,

I received notice to update WPMU Dashboard plugin in order to "Auto install" a beautiful new theme called Spirit.

Well, I went ahead with the update and the option to "auto install" the Spirit theme doesn't appear. It simply says "download"

I can successfully auto install plugins as always, its just this particular theme that doesn't have the auto install option as it says it should after updating. Just wanted to let you guys know! Thanks!

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site using latest version of WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin and found the Spirit theme is getting installed successfully through WPMU DEV Dashboard as displayed in the attached screenshot.

I can successfully auto install plugins as always, its just this particular theme that doesn't have the auto install option as it says it should after updating.

Is it happening only with this Spirit theme or also with other WPMU DEV themes?

Please make sure the themes directory wp-content/themes in your WordPress install is writable by using Appropriate file permissions.

Today we have released updated version 3.5.1 of WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin so could you please try using it?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Mike Price
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Vinod,

Thanks for your response. I just granted you access, please take a look at my site. I updated the latest version today because it said to do so in order to "auto install" Spirit theme. However, the button still shows "Download" instead of "Install" Thanks!

• Mike Price
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks but doesn't make sense. I literally updated that plugin just a few minutes before posting in the forums here. I then noticed while you were logged in a new update available message popped up for the dashboard plugin. Was there two updates within short period of time or something? Thanks again

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Mike,

Yes today we have released latest updated WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin version 3.5.1 therefore if you see in my previous replies i was telling you to update to the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin version 3.5.1

The WPMU DEV Updates data is updated every 12 hours so you won't see automatically the update notifications for the updates in the meanwhile but you can see it by manually clicking on the link 'Update Now' in the WPMU DEV Updates page as shown in the attached screenshot.

I clicked on that link, got the plugin update and installed it :slight_smile:

Please advise if you have more questions.

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.