Builder Create a Layout Problem

Hi,

I have created a theme called Debbra’s Theme.

In Builder I have created a layout called home page. When I go into upfront I can’t access this layout. If I create a new page and then try to select a layout – it doesn’t appear in the list. How can I access and use this layout?

Thank you

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello John,

Home page layout will be only applied on the home page. If you want to have different look for your page you will need to create new template for it.

Layouts are not templates – layout of Home Page will be only used on home page, created layout for single.php will only show on the single post (creating layout in Upfront builder is similar to creating files single.php, page.php, home.php as in standard WordPress theme).

But you will be able to add new template for page – like you did with Contact one.

Hopes this explain why layouts are not showing with the page templates. Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello John,

Sorry if my previous message was confusing – page templates are only available for pages. In Upfront Home Page by default is type of virtual page that cannot have a page template. That is why you are creating Home Page Layout.

Workaroud here is to create normal page, use template you have created and publish that page. Then in WordPress Settings -> reading set that new page you created as Front page

this way a page will be used as home page.

Please note that if you are now referring to Home Page layout that you build in Builder and changes you make are not visible on your site or not even in Upfront Editor – then reason could be that while developing site in Builder you edited it in Editor. In this case site will not display changes made in Builder anymore – to get the same look you would need to reset theme in Upfront -> General.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.