Builder Layout Name Change

I am using builder to create a theme I want to export - I am using one of the upfront starter themes as a basis (Luke and Sarah) and renamed it ok - is it possible (and how) to rename the template names (say change the single-page-sally to single-page-golf ?)

• Rupok

Hi Bluepeter9,

Thanks for asking. I'm afraid, you can't directly rename any layout. But you can create a new layout (e.g. single-page-golf) using a previous layout (e.g. single-page-sally). And then you can delete the previous layout if you want.

To delete the previous layout, you will have to go to "/wp-admin/themes/your_theme_name/" directory and locate the .php file of the layout you wish to delete and remove it from there. Then please go to "/wp-admin/themes/your_theme_name/layouts/" directory and remove the same layout file from there too.

In this way, you can create a new layout from existing layout and delete the previous layout. So in the end, it will work like you renamed the layout.

However, having the edit layout name feature seems to be important to me. So I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking this idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.