Builder picking and choosing what to save

So I've spent a whole day messing around with this and reading as many topics as I could to try find a solution. At the moment Builder seems to not be saving any worthwhile changes. I thought it was just the menus that was giving me trouble so I wrote css for the styles and put it in global now I've moved on and found it won't even save an applied simple font style.

This is my third install Ive tried to set this up on, every one of them it was just builder and the upfront parent install on their own. At the moment I've got as far as installing builder, upfront and revslide 5 which you are free to deactivate, but I can assure you it isn't the problem and this was happening before I even installed it.

I'm really desperate to get this to a client now, the last project I started with Upfront I was forced to abandon because of its lack of supporting what I needed now I can't even get it to produce an extremely simple website.

• Rupok

Hi Lex,

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having. This is really weird and should not happen. I tried to make some changes in my test site with Upfront Builder and all changes were saved without any problem. I've even added custom CSS code in Global Theme CSS section and those were saved fine too. So I think, this is your site specific issue.

Thanks for granting Support Access. I could login fine and could load Upfront Builder without any issue. I'm sorry but I'm not exactly sure what specific change to check. Can you please tell us any specific change which we should be doing in Builder and then try to save?

By the way, Builder saves all your changes in files. So can you please make sure your server files and directories have proper permission? According to WordPress codex, all directories should be 755 or 750 and all files should be 644 or 640. Please confirm if are still getting the same issue after checking/fixing file permission.

Please send as much details as you can and be as specific as you can. We can troubleshoot the issue if we can see the issue live. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Lex

Thank you for your reply Rupok . For instance, at the moment I have set styling in global css for this so it does look different on both front and back (you may want to remove this to test), but if you try to style the menu nav from within builder it will show as styled on the the back, but on the front there is no updates. Also if any css is added directly to the menu nav custom css panel it is wiped clear once you close builder and reopen it. Also if you try to style the paragraph in the container under the slider it wont save any changes there either and visibly immediately reverts.

Global Theme CSS is saving okay and is how I have been styling the site, but this completely defeats the reason for upfront if I'm styling there as my client won't have a clue what to do.

I will check permissions now, but I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be any problem as I've run an older version of builder prior to this without having any prob.

• Mikael Karlsson

Hi there!
    I want to chime in on this topic as I am experiencing the same problems just now.
    - I just managed to get Builder to save a new style preset by adding it and saving while in responsive mode.
    When in "normal" edit mode the preset was not saved when exiting Builder and then opening Builder again.
    Thought the information might be of help when tracking this down.
    (Using Firefox 50.1.0)
    /Mikael

• Nithin

Hey Mikael Karlsson,

I tried to replicate the same in my system, but wasn't able to notice such anomalies in my system, the preset was saved when I entered in "normal" edit mode as you have mentioned after re-opening Builder.

This seems to be an issue specific to your site, it would be ideal, if you could open a new thread, so that one of the support staffs could give a closer look at this issue, and get this sorted asap.
      https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
      Nithin

• Mikael Karlsson

Hi Nithin , and thanks for looking into this issue.
        My apologies for hijacking this thread Lex :slight_smile:

Last "lost save" was with Builder 1.1.5.
        - Is there a more comprehensive change-log or bug-tracker to report errors or to check if "strange behaviours" may be solved by certain versions?

I'll send in more specific questions when I get the time to set up a test server with fresh installs and direct use cases for support to poke at. I am managing a steadily growing list of topics for Builder :slight_smile:

This "saving problem" is coming and going. My most reliable way to make a "good save" in Builder is now, after much trial and error, by doing a "Theme reset". This makes my changes in builder commit with at least 90% probability. I am continuously checking with an external reference browser session if the save is successful. If not I resort to the "Theme Reset" as my new save button. But unfortunately, sometimes my changes are lost whatever I do. They just refuse to commit. All customization has to be done in builder because of the lost edits if "client-side" editing is used.

Anyways "I'll be back", thanks for now :slight_smile:
        /Mikael

• Nithin

Hi Lex,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

For instance, at the moment I have set styling in global css for this so it does look different on both front and back (you may want to remove this to test), but if you try to style the menu nav from within builder it will show as styled on the the back, but on the front there is no updates.

I'm not able to notice any difference in both front, and back when I added/removed the CSS in Global theme section. Could you please point out what I'm missing here? Possibly a screenshot should help us understand the issue better.

And just to point out since you have used divs from the fronend to style the navigation. CSS related to navigation should be styled through the navigation settings custom CSS panel, and it would be easier to style by selecting the Advanced element selectors, as shown in the screenshot below. However, I do see that the CSS isn't working in that section at the moment, just thought to mention this.

Also if any css is added directly to the menu nav custom css panel it is wiped clear once you close builder and reopen it.

I was able to notice this irregularity in your system, however I'm not able to replicate the same in my system, the CSS was saved without any issue. This seems to be a site specific issue, I'm pinging the developer regarding this, so that he could give a closer look.

Also if you try to style the paragraph in the container under the slider it wont save any changes there either and visibly immediately reverts.

I'm able to notice the same issue in your system, which makes me raise one specific question, did you try to work on Upfront Editor simultaneously? Such anomalies have been noticed, if the user tries to load the Upfront Editor, along with Upfront Builder. Upfront Editor is loaded from the frontend, by clicking the Upfront button.

However, I'm pinging the developers regrading these issue, and will keep you posted, once I get an update on these asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hey Lex,

It appears that, you were using Upfront Builder v 1.1.4. After updating to the latest version the issue seems to be resolved. The conflict was caused by the new saving process that was conflicting with the older version of Builder.

Could you please test, and see whether the changes seems to work fine now. Please do let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.