Building a Course Center Website

I want to create a website that contains tutorials using a software. Such as Microsoft Office, Photoshop, CorelDraw, and others. I wanted to deliver it from beginning to end, in other words, from beginner to advanced. The material presented in text and video. I will provide the free and paid versions. What do I need? About plugins and themes. Do I need a theme from a third party? And please give advice to me regarding an initial technical step.
thanks.

Best regards,

Nurrohat MS

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Nurrohmat,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Our CoursePress Pro plugin will be a good choice here. It will let you create multiple multi-part courses, both paid and free. You can also add videos and files to download to it.

There are also modules that let you asses students and you can assign courses to different instructors. This is a complex solution and I think it will do the job fine here.

As a base, you will want to setup a WordPress site. Most of the standard themes available in WP themes repository should work well with CoursePress. I would however avoid popular ThemeForres themes described as "e-learning" and/or "e-commerce" enabled as those are usually meant to be used with some other specific (premium) plugins and often difficult to customize.

I think you could start with any of basic (included with WordPress) themes such as Twenty Fifteen or Twenty Sixteen and then install and activate CoursePress Pro plugin. It's quite "self-explanatory" in terms of usage so I'm sure after giving it a shot you'll find you way around in no time.

In case you come up with any questions or issues while checking the plugin, please let me know and I'll be happy to assist you!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Nurrohmat!

But, i don't know what a unit in coursepress. Is it a test?

A "unit" is a part of course, like a single class. A course can include many units and you can consider them "topics". For example you may want to create a course on "How to build simple website with WordPress" that would include following classes:

1. What is WordPress?
    2. How to install WordPress?
    3. What is WordPress theme?
    4. How to install WordPress theme?
    5. What is WordPress plugin?
    6. How to install WordPress plugin?

As you can see, there are six topics (or "lessons") in a course. Each of them would be a "unit" of the course. I hope that explains this a bit :slight_smile:

And, why the enroll is closed?

Please double check that account registration of new users on your site is open. To do this please go to your dashboard's "Settings -> General" page and make sure that "Anyone can register" option is enabled.

Let me know please if it helped!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Nurrohmatt!

because i want my website run with indonesian language

The CoursePress can work with any language that your WordPress is currently set to use. However the plugin is by default delivered in English. Although it supports translations, all translations for our plugins are created by members of our community. Please take a look here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/cp

This is a list of available translation files for CoursePress Pro. If you don't find your language there, you may want to create your own translation. If the translation is there but is not complete (see % indicator) you may want to complete it.

Here's an article on how to use translations with our plugins:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/translations/

Here's a guide on how to translate plugin:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-plugin/

and what about the proof if the payment manually a.k.a local bank transfer.

Manual payments and direct bank transfers (or check and other "off line" payment methods) are not handled automatically by CoursePress or other plugins. If you wish to accept such payments you will then need to manually add students to courses and, unfortunately, "manually" process payments.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.