Building a custom Template file for Marketpress

So I am using Marketpress for a site and I would like to create a couple template files to have a little more control and add a sidebar to only the product pages. I have created a mp-product.php and a mp-productlist.php with no success in doing what I want it to do. I want to have all the data from marketpress default (ie. price, description, featured image, cart, and etc.). Once I put the mp-product.php live, marketpress no longer defaults to all the data just the data specified in the template. So I would like to know where to find the code that contains (price, description, and etc.) and still use the same style from the css included in marketpress

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mansoormb,

Thank you for the great question and though we do not support custom coding we do try to help in any way we can and never withhold an answer that we know.

With that said, it would be in your interest to download and check out the coding provided in the Frame Market/Grid Market theme which indeed have the necessary coding within that you are looking for.

Other wise all the rest of the relevant coding is within the marketpress.php file though I thought the above theme was a better and easier code source to work with.

That should get you going.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.