Bulk email SMTP – allow more emails per hour

This is what I use:

-Different hosting’s plans locally that is prime, not cheap packages.

-They all limit email sending between 300 to 500 emails per hour – well in my country, South Africa that is the average per provider.

Problem:

I have different sites and plugins that need to send more than the limited emails per hour, for example:

a) Newsletters

b) NEW JOB alerts

c) FORUM’s

d) Learnerships – hundreds of learners that need to be notified of urgent updates that might be once a week/month/year.

My daily/weekly/monthly may be far below the average usage, but the hourly might be a big problem. One JOB post, and I have 1000 people who wants to know about it.

Any software, solutions, suggestions….

Thanks in advance.

EZ

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @ez

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

In this case, you need to contact your host. If they have any special package or if they can offer something, would be great. Otherwise, you may have two options. One is to have a mail server. There are some providers that provides mail server from where you can send large number of emails. And the other option is to use a mail service. Mailchimp is one of the best service now a days. They have different offers, you may take a look what suits you.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers

Ash

• Wharrf
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi ez,

Note that what you want is an SMTP relay service not a newsletter subscription.

In that case, you need Mandrill instead of mailchimp. Mandrill is the SMTP sister of mailchimp and they run on the same infrastructure. Mailchimp has a problem because you start out with an hourly limit of 200 and as you send out more and based on the Bounce and flag rates, your limit increases. It took me several months of sending before I hit my current limit of ~5,000 hourly emails.

Other alternatives include mailgun from raackspace and mailjet

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.