Bulk image smushing got issue

I am trying to smush all my 7000 images by using bulk smushing option but i facing problem since wp engine have character limit what we have upload..it leads to break my images smushing.is there any way to smush image with small bulk ways?

• Rupok

Hi NS,

is there any way to smush image with small bulk ways?

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. By the question above, did you mean that if you can set small chunk of files and then bulk smush those? And smush all your images chunk by chunk? If yes, then I'm afraid, this is not yet possible with Smush Pro.

But this sounds to be a really good idea to me. So I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking this idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi NS,

Well, as the issue is specific to your hosting, I think you can do one thing. That is, create a clone of your site with Duplicator plugin to your local server. Connect that local server to our Hub with WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin. Then run bulk smushing. When you are done smushing all your images, you can again create a clone of that local site and deploy on your live hosting. And after doing this, please enable "Automatically smush my images on upload" option in your live server so whenever an image is uploaded, it will be smushed automatically. In this way, you can bulk smush all your existing images and future image uploads.

I believe this will resolve your issue in this situation.

Please let us know if you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi Michael,

Along these lines also, is that the bulk smushing stops if the user logs out either intentionally or unintentionally (inactivity). So smushing has to be manually restarted. If the smushing did chunks then it could also happen in the background without completely draining the server's resources. Start it manually once, and it continues until it is complete.

I do understand what you meant, but I'm afraid, at the moment, the Smushing will only work if you keep the tab open, while logged in. However, you can switch to a new browser tab, and work along side your dashboard at the same time, you'll have to make sure the smushing tab is open, so that the bulk smush works fine.

Kind Regards,
      Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.