Bulk smush of nextgen gallery images seems to be stuck

I have been running a bulk smush of my nextgen gallery images all day long with the WP Smush Pro plugin. All was fine until now- it's stuck at 8247 of 14482 attachments and the following error messages showed up underneath: "We couldn't find the metadata for the image, possibly the image has been deleted."

Please note that I did delete some images recently (before the bulk smush) as I am trying to free up storage.

Does that mean that the processing is finished and there were really only 8247 images to smush? Or is there more processing to do? I was tempted to refresh the page and restart but I cannot spent many more hours on this.

Other info- I do have W3 Total Cache and I'm using Maxcdn. However, I have had no issues until now and the bulk smush was running for about 7 hours with no problems.

Thank you for any help you can give with this.

• Milan

Hello Tamika

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

First of all you do not need to start your process from 1st image if you decide to bulk smush one more time. As our WP Smush Pro, will not smush images which are already smushed. :slight_smile:

Have you rechecked images after you got this issue ? If not then I suggest you do it via Media > WP Smush > Stats > Re Check images .

Along with above trick, plugin conflict also would be better as it could be due to caching too. So please take down plugin conflict test too as described in our this support manual. :slight_smile:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Let me know how it goes. :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Milan

• Tamika

Hi Milan,

Thank you so much for your recommendations! Fortunately, the issue seems to have resolved on it's own. I left everything for a while and when I came back I saw a message on the screen saying that no other attachments were left to be smushed.

I left the page then went back in to to Nextgen Gallery > WP Smush again and it showed that the smush progress had actually continued when I was gone, down to 14,433 images. There's a message saying that there are 49 images that need still need smushing (not sure why I got the first message that there were none left) so I'll think about doing those later, right now I'm just happy that the bulk of it is at last finished!

Anyway, thanks again!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.