Bulk upload category & child categories

Hey there

I have uploaded a database of over 2,500 products -most with Category 1 > Child Cat 1 AND Category 2 > Child Cat 2

How do we upload the products and have them allocate properly to the cat & child cats?

cheers

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Miss B Hayving,

Thank you for the great question in which I would have to comment that this depends on the arrangement you have within the csv file itself.

Please consult the included sample-marketpress-import.csv located in the \marketpress\marketpress-includes and be sure to backup your database using something like the Snapshot plugin BEFORE attempting to do this so that you can roll back until you get the format exactly right that fits the layout that you desire.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• Miss B Hayving
    • The Incredible Code Injector

thanks for your response, but it doesnt exactly tell me anything.

I've used the sample csv and there isn't an option for sub-cats. Categories get uploaded as category 1,category 2 - so where is the provision for category 1>sub-cat1,category 2>sub-cat 2

So to use the csv - what should the columns be called and what is the structure?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Miss B Hayving,

Thank you for your feedback and regarding sub categories you are correct that they are not specified specifically in the csv file though it appears to me that in the categories column the sub category is indeed being expressed using a comma as shown in the category example Cool Stuff, Red Stuff

This is not the case and you have tried it?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.