Bullets and Space in the third Column.

Tammie,

In the third column of the business theme there seems to white bullets and a much bigger space after the header. Do you know in which file I could edit this? I am trying to get the form of the 3rd column to be the same as the first column.

I need to remove the bullets and the space between the widget header and the text. (I have the same widget in the first and thrid column and they are displaying differently)

I checked in functions.php and all 3 headers are identical. I also checked in the sidebars directory in the home sidebars and all 3 are basically identical also...

http://www.learningconnects.us

Thanks for your help...

• Tammie

@worldwidewhirlwind: I had a look and see the following code:

<div id="recent-global-posts" class="widget widget_recent_global_posts"> <h3 class="pagetitle">What Are We Learning?</h3>

</div>

The br isn't something in the original code so therefore either comes from your widget or from something you've inserted. Removing that would reduce the space. Now there are bullets as you're using something there that is a list. To stop them you'd want to write the following css:

#recent-global-posts ul, #recent-global-posts li{
    list-display: none;
    }

You can also set the padding under that class to. Bare in mind I've not tested this it's just a matter of adjusting to what you want for that.

• Tammie,
    As you reccomended, I added:

#recent-global-posts ul, #recent-global-posts li{
    list-display: none;
    }

to blue.css in the businesstheme folder and it did not change anything. I tried in several places. Is there a way to remove all bullets from the third sidebar altogether? That would be fine also. I tried reseaching ul and ol and deleting various parts of the css but I can't seem to figure it out.

About the break in the third column. Why would the same thing not happen for the same widget in the first column? What file would I need to edit do get rid of that break? Am I just looking to eliminate a
    ?

Thanks again Tammie for your prompt and awesome support.
    J

• Tammie

@worldwidewhirlwind: I'm not sure what widgets you are using they could be adding the br / I guess or it's your functions.php and it has a br where it's calling that but it's not in the original theme code so can't comment as don't know all widgets and their outputs so can't overly comment you'd have to find that yourself I'm afraid.

You can do something like this:

.latest-block-end ul{
    list-style: none;
    }

I've not tested it but that may work if not I can test tomorrow for you though. You say you're putting it in blue.css well unless you're using a child theme this wouldn't be advised as it will get overwritten in updates. You really want to use a child theme and the css in there such as custom.css or child.css that way you're updates will be safe.

• Thanks so much Tammie!!! Am going to use a child theme.
    Your latest-block-end worked like a charm!!! I am beginning to identify the code now: I saw the right sidebar referenced as latest-block-end in functions.php and know that the bullets were are a result of unordered list styling. I see how this bit of code cleared things up. Thanks again!!!

The gap is on the right side I cannot see how it is happening. Maybe you can point me in the right direction. I can tell you some facts:

1.The widget that I am using is the identical one on both sides- I just named them differently and each pulls a different tag. The widget is from this site- its the global post feed widget. When I switch the placement of the widgets to opposite sides, the right side still has that space. This means that it is not the widget causing the issue.

2. There is no in the functions.php and all 3 sidebar codes are almost identical as seen below:
    register_sidebars( 1,
    array(
    'name' => 'home-sidebar',
    'before_widget' => '<div id="%1$s" class="widget %2$s">',
    'after_widget' => '</div>',
    'before_title' => '<h3 class="pagetitle">',
    'after_title' => '</h3>'));

register_sidebars( 1,
    array(
    'name' => 'home2-sidebar',

register_sidebars( 1,
    array(
    'name' => 'home3-sidebar',

<p>Could you please recommend where else should look that could be causing a space specifically in that home3-sidebar...? Could I maybe add a space in home1-sidebar so that they are both a bit lower but level? Thank you so much again for you help this far!</p>
    <p>Thanks,</p>
    <p>J`

• Tammie

@worldwidewhirlwind: Perhaps you can adjust the h3's that's my thoughts using the same method used for lists as in calling the latest-block-end one. However I still think it's the br causing most of your issues when the other ones don't have it. I think it's the code from the widget not the actual widget wrapper myself after using firebug on it. Also note in the default home sidebar I call a h4 not a h3:

register_sidebars( 1,
    array(
    'name' => 'home-sidebar',
    'before_title' => '<h4 class="pagetitle">',
    'after_title' => '</h4>'
    )
    );