Business Directory lost all it's featured images

Hi,

I recently upgraded the business directory plugin to v2.2.4.8

Now all the featured images on the listings have somehow been changed.

I'm using another plugin called "Amazon s3 and cloudfront" which copies all uploaded images to amazon s3 storage and changes the wordpress image url.

So, all the featured images for the listings were on amazon s3 and working. Now they seem to be pointing to the local web server and the file names have changed e.g. was file-250x93.jpg, now shows file-120x62.jpg (which doesn't exist)

Can you please help?

• PC

Hello there Mike,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

It does not seem to have happened due to plugin upgrade as that should not have changed the image paths.

I am not too familiar on how that plugin works but I a going to discuss this with our lead developer @Arnold to seek his feedback on the same.

In the meantime, I see the plugin you are referring to has not been updated in a while : http://wordpress.org/plugins/amazon-s3-and-cloudfront/ perhaps that caused the issue ?

Does it leave a copy of the image in your media library at all ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Arnold

Featured images are stored in Wordpress' database as an url to the base image. These are in the posts database table with a custom post type of "attachment". The base image file name is use as the start of the various sizes produced with the sized files using name like file-250x93.jpg.

My guess is that when installed the S3 plugin goes through all the attachments and changes the URL to point to your S3 store. now if you change back, you don't have a reference to the original image. Also any images added while the S3 plugin is active may not have the image stored on WP all. They may have gone directly to the S3 store.

I don't know how the particular S3 plugin works so this is speculation. If you know how to look in the WP database you could check the tables and see what they look. and if they are pointing to S3 or if you have a mix confusing things.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.