Business Feature Theme (rid the burnt-orange color)

Good Afternoon...

PLease check my site here: http://www.solutiondnafiles.com

1. How do I rid of this burnt-orange color? (I've looked everywhere)

2. Why did that little home pic disappear (the icon on the left of the menu that looks like a house on your Business Feature theme screenshot.

3. Why is the logo not uploading? (Yes, I've uploaded using the url to the photo that is already in the library).

4. How do I get rid of the extra space on the right? It's only set to 1 column, already..

Everything works when I use the WPMU Triden theme.. I'm only having problems with this theme so far...

Thank you so much!

~Kia

• DavidM

Hi mypowerface,

First off, sorry if it seemed like your questions were getting overlooked. I've a test site setup where I was working through them along with other threads.

As you've listed quite a few items in a single post, it took a moment to cover them all which is why we request that members post a single query per thread where possible.

If you're still willing to get those theme issues sorted, I'll gladly take a look with you on the matter. I'll respond to your initial queries inline.

1. How do I rid of this burnt-orange color? (I've looked everywhere)

Were referring to the orange area surrounding the banner image? I believe that's due to the size of that image. As the theme's not currently available, could you let me know the dimensions of that image so I could test that?

If you're not referring to that colored area, could you let us know which area you're referring to?

2. Why did that little home pic disappear (the icon on the left of the menu that looks like a house on your Business Feature theme screenshot.

I'll ask one of the theme developers to take a look into that one as I can't seem to find an option for that on a test site, yet I see that you've got that navigation item on your page.

3. Why is the logo not uploading? (Yes, I've uploaded using the url to the photo that is already in the library).

If the image is already in the Media Library than it's definitely uploaded. I believe you'r referring to it not being displayed? I think that's a matter of both the custom large image and custom square image options being set to "Yes" in Appearance > Theme Options > Branding.

Here's an image to help illustrate that.

Could you check to see that's not the case?

4. How do I get rid of the extra space on the right? It's only set to 1 column, already..

You would only be able to hide the sidebar widget area if you create a Page and use the "full-width" page template, then set that Page as a static front page in Settings > Reading.

Otherwise the sidebar is hard-coded into the front-page display. It could be done with a bit of editing but setting up a Page using the full-width page template and specifying that Page as a static front-page is much simpler.

Thanks,
    David

• mypowerface

David, I totally understand now, how the order of questions work and realize just how impatient I was. My apologies for jumping the gun. While I was waiting, I searched for similar questions, and found that code needed to be changed just to change all of the burnt-orange colors to blue... That Business Feature theme looks good, but is not very user-friendly for the newbie, such as myself.. So I gave up on it and will search for an easier theme to work with.

I sincerely thank you for your time, anyhow.

~Kia

• DavidM

Hi Kia,

That's totally understandable and we actually are working hard at providing more illustrative guides and tutorials to make working with WordPress in general, but also the themes and plugins provided here, as easy as possible. The online manuals here are a great illustration of that.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/all-wpmu-dev-manuals/

That said, where customizations are not extensive, we're happy to provide the necessary code or CSS styles that you can simply copy and paste into place to achieve your desired result.

That way you wouldn't have to do the coding yourself. But more than that, we'll gladly walk through the process with you as to how to do it. This site is full of resources for that and often, we can simply point you to the exact resource you need.

So with this theme as well as any of the other themes and plugins here, if you just let us know what it is you're looking for, we'll do our best to provide that for you!

Cheers,
    David

• Tammie

Not quite sure but I was flagged to respond to this. Seems you are not using the theme now. Business like all our themes have various levels of customisation - not every bit is always customiseable without going into the code. It's part of any themes and we do a heck of a lot more than a lot of places to offer customisation. That said I hope you find a theme more suited to what you require.

• mypowerface

Good morning, Tammy.. Hmmm it's a long-shot, but my guess is that someone tagged you because you developed the theme? Your words, "we do a heck of a lot more than..."? Wow in your reply, I'm assuming you forget that your highly promoted "customizable features" are what attracted most of us here in the first place.

I never challenged your hard work, and so far, I actually appreciate all of the work that you developers do.. I simply wanted to rid the burnt-orange colors to the blue that matches the site's logo..

I know what's out there, and am using the WPMUDev Triden right now, because this Triden theme allows users to customize the basic and essential items, such as the header/footer bar and menu items. I am aware that several users have faced the same issue with the particular business theme. Please try and remember that besides a lot of developer clients, there are also a bunch of us newbies that are still getting the hang of Wordpress and code.

So, I understand that you are a developer, but maybe you could remember your customer service chip in any of your future responses to the paid members. This membership 'ain't cheap'. So neither should be the customer service.

Thank you for your time. I didn't mean to offend you.

~Kia

• Tammie

Er sorry but who is offended? I was trying to find out what was required from me for this as we pride ourselves on responding to any request. I truly don't know where you got the impression I was challenged. Whatever theme you use is your personal choice we are here to help you once that choice has been made.

I think perhaps you are mistaken there so lets draw a line under it. I can ensure you we do our best to cater for all levels of users.

I think you are mistaken that I was meaning anything bad in what I said. I was more trying to find out if you required me to work with you on this. If not that is fair enough. Like everyone here we value members and always are here to help. My comment was merely pointing out different of our themes do different amounts of customisation and work for different sites. I was replying to your statement:

"That Business Feature theme looks good, but is not very user-friendly for the newbie, such as myself.."

We are more than happy to work with you on any theme. Going to close this up now as things are resolved.