FAQ of working with WPMU for clients.

Hi, I am building Wordpress sites for my clients and right now I would like to start integration and offer complete solutions based on WPMU plugins but many questions come before that, for example here is my FAQ:

1. Working with clients and offering WPMU solutions do I have to make a client buy WPMU subscription?
2. Am I limited in number of plugin´s installations over client´s sites 1 or 10.000 or more?
3. Do I have to install WMPU dashboard over client´s site if not, what would be the process of plugins update (that happens only having an API key inside settings or would the client be able to click the UPDATE button without my presence or access)
4. Do I have to leave any legal note or credits to WPMU while developing sites based on WPMU plugins from my companies name?

well, that would be a basic start guide, I hope it would be very helpful to other users as well.

Thank you,

• Patrick

Hi @Oleg

Welcome to the forums!

1. Working with clients and offering WPMU solutions do I have to make a client buy WPMU subscription?

Your client would only need a WPMU DEV account if they will be uploading/updating plugins/themes themselves via the Dashboard plugin. However, you can add up to 5 domains (including your own) to your profile here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-admin/users.php?page=wdpun Note that Pro and Elite members can add more.

You can also add up to 10 domains to the Anti-Splog service, and up to 20 for the Integrated Video Tutorials.

2. Am I limited in number of plugin´s installations over client´s sites 1 or 10.000 or more?

There is no limit to the number of client sites where you can install our products. Once you've downloaded a plugin or a theme, it's yours to do whatever you wish with.

3. Do I have to install WMPU dashboard over client´s site if not, what would be the process of plugins update (that happens only having an API key inside settings or would the client be able to click the UPDATE button without my presence or access)

As mentioned in my answer to your 1st question, no. If you will be maintaining your client's sites, including manually updating plugins and themes, they don't need the Dashboard or an account here. If they need to download updates and maintain things themselves, then yes, they would need an active membership here.

4. Do I have to leave any legal note or credits to WPMU while developing sites based on WPMU plugins from my companies name?

Nope. All our plugins and themes are GPL2.0 licensed. See the full license here: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html

All the above answers can also be found in our Terms of Service, plus a whole lot more.

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.