Business Portfolio Conflicts with BuddyPress Can't Start New Topic

I have been having a problem since I upgraded both Wordpress (3.3.1) and BuddyPress (1.5.3.1)

I am using the Business Portfolio Child theme (Business Portfolio Version 2.1.23), with Membership and BuddyPress plugins, but since the upgrade it is not possible to create a New Topic in BuddyPress forums.

If I switch themes the problem goes away.

Any fix for this or do I have to change themes?

Thanks,

JoAnn

• JoAnn
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for your response.

This is obviously a theme issue as the problem only occurs when I have the Business Portfolio theme activated.

This is my main theme, and it should be compatible with all the updates as promised by WPMU DEV.

It would be a major hassle for me to have to change this theme.

This is a very private membership site for women. It requires a login and password which I cannot post here.

I would like the developer of the theme to take a look at it when it is activated with the membership and BuddyPress plugins and figure out why the BuddyPress forums and several of the other BuddyPress items are not working as I also cannot access the members page.

Can you check out this theme with those plugins?

Thanks ~ JoAnn

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey JoAnn.

I followed up in email so you should have that also.

The conflict was not between our theme, BuddyPress or its implementation of bbPress.

The third-party plugin was DM Albums. I'm not familiar with that plugin unfortunately. I deactivated that plugin so that the forums work again. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• JoAnn
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Tim,

Thank you so much for sorting this through. 

I feel so stupid as I know that most problems are caused by plug in conflicts and I tested all the other plugins--except the WPMU ones (that I know can be trusted to be updated) and I somehow missed disabling the DM Albums. Probably because I love it so much as it is so easy to work with.

Any suggestion for a good photo gallery plugin?

Again, thank you again for your hard work and diligence in finding the issue.

All my best,

JoAnn

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.