Button to pledge not working properly?

Have the fundraiser in the sidebar using shortcode with just its id and content. It looks fine but if one enters an amount via a radio button or directly when the "pledge/process" button is pressed or enter hit instead of going directly to gathering more information it re-shows the content page and one has to reenter the amount and press the pledge again?

Also where can one get rid of the "none" or "zero" amount on the bottom of reward choices. That seems like it should never be an option or would never be one. If one did not want to enter an amount then they would not use the pledge button, ah in my opinion :O)

vowpmudev

added screenshot - last reward amount is "none"
    shortcode is just [fundraiser_panel id="804" style=""] used as the value for a custom field called in a sidebar widget

Oh and it seems if one wants to add a reward later that is in between ones already set you can not just add it at the end because they do not sort prior to display on post. Instead I've had to go back and re-enter every value from lowest to highest to get them in the right order. Might be nice to have an automatic sort where one has the option of highest to lowest or lowest to highest reward $

late gotta go

Vinod Dalvi

Hi @vowpmudev,

Thank you for your reply.

added screenshot - last reward amount is "none"
    shortcode is just [fundraiser_panel id="804" style=""] used as the value for a custom field called in a sidebar widget

I have tested it on my test site suing the shortcode and it worked fine without any issue.

Could you please share me the page link from your site to troubleshoot it?

Also where can one get rid of the "none" or "zero" amount on the bottom of reward choices.

You can hide it using the solution provided in the following reply.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/removing-none-as-an-option-for-supporting#post-638773

Oh and it seems if one wants to add a reward later that is in between ones already set you can not just add it at the end because they do not sort prior to display on post. Instead I've had to go back and re-enter every value from lowest to highest to get them in the right order. Might be nice to have an automatic sort where one has the option of highest to lowest or lowest to highest reward $

Currently there isn't any option in the plugin to achieve this. I will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

In the meanwhile to achieve this you can can add the following code in the below Fundraising plugin file on line number 557 replacing existing code.

Plugin File:
    \fundraising\lib\template-functions.php

Before Editing:
    foreach($level as $index => $data) {

After Editing:

function cmp($a, $b) {
    		return $a["amount"] - $b["amount"];
    }
    usort($level, "cmp");
    foreach($level as $index => $data) {

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

vowpmudev

Thanks that removed the none. I added it to the fundraising css for the dark styles file since that is what we are using. So in our case in that file added

.wdf-dark .wdf_reward_item_none{
    display: none;
    }

right after this code found on line 118 of wdf-dark.css file

.wdf-dark .wdf_reward_item {
    cursor: pointer;
    }

The sorting now works we added a value to rewards right in the middle and it postioned it there (this is set up for smaller to larger) It would need to be reversed and/or an option to select added to the admin choices in rewards if one wanted to display larger reward pledges first (not usual but just an FYI)

The need to fix the sidebar entry may be due to theme using but not sure if we are going to stay with your plugin. Reading others posts that have the same things happening as we have and some a year ago (documentation issues) the link you provided in this post and their responses along with others we may just anti up to move to another plugin. The instructions for setting up crowdsourcing for instance suggesting using Market instructions have us trading emails with PP. Seems the suggested answers are way over simplified or acceptable to them for this kind of plugin. We have a couple more days on this purchase to decide. Since we've tailored the rest to look good we'll fight up to that time to get it to work as hoped.

Thanks for the help with the 2 fixes that worked but as the other poster commented why anyone even put a "NONE" in to have to code out seems insane, ah IMO.

vowpmudev

I kept thinking about "none" and my only possible reason was it was for someone that did not wish to receive a reward but still wanted to make a pledge.
    A couple of thoughts on this:
    1) make it an option not a default value
    2) change the name and/or allow us to adjust the wording as we can in other admin areas to be more representative of what it actually is for
    3) instead of having to disable it just leave it out and allow us to just use an open reward amount and description via the already existing "add a reward" function.
    4) update the manual to explain it as it currently exists so we do not waste your and our time trying to figure out why "none" is showing up and how to get rid of it.
    5) believe do to the restrictions on crowdfunding by Paypal & others? having a plain donation should be just that and not a "make a pledge" but "for no reward" task - they are very strict about usage and we already have the simple donate option