buttons css - where to consistently insert css

getting a little bit confused with the buttons-background on every update:
They turn to the original "grey" each time..
I am trying to live the message of this wpmu-featured article that color matters.

I changed the css and tried about everything:
In custom.css the buttons are not overridden.
in styles/dark-orange it worked for sometime, but ot for last update-also not for ie.
in core: plugin it still seem s to work, but is always overwritten with every update ofcourse...

What is a clean solution to have customized buttons (at least colors)?
Any solution ahaed?

• thorsten119

for the time being I put it "everywhere":
    1. /plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes/modern.css
    2. /wp-content/themes/gridmarket/styles/darkorange.css
    3. /web/wordpress/wp-content/themes/gridmarket/css/custom.css

the funny thing is it seems to override in an inverted way: In this setting, when I check with firebug, only modern.css shows.
    When I neutalize the code in modern.css with /**/ only darkorange.css shows and when i neutralize this code in darkorange, only then my custom css will show at all...

.reply a,
    .mp_cart_actions_widget a,.mp_cart_actions_widget a:link,.mp_cart_actions_widget a:visited,
    .mp_button_addcart,.mp_button_buynow,.mp_cart_col_updatecart input[type=submit],
    form.mp_buy_form .mp_adding_to_cart,
    a.mp_cart_direct_checkout_link{background: -moz-linear-gradient(center bottom , #7F9F05 39%, #98C200 67%) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;color:#ffffff;}
    .reply a:hover,#header-wrapper a:hover,
    .mp_cart_actions_widget a:hover,
    .mp_button_addcart:hover,.mp_button_buynow:hover,.mp_cart_col_updatecart input[type=submit]:hover,
    a.mp_cart_direct_checkout_link:hover{background: -moz-linear-gradient(center bottom , #98C200 39%, #7F9F05 67%) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;color:#ffffff;}
    a.mp_link_addcart, a.mp_link_buynow {background: -moz-linear-gradient(center bottom , #7F9F05 39%, #98C200 67%) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;color:#ffffff;}
  • Tammie

CSS works cascading hence the name. If you want a change to apply to all you can either put in the last bit of the last CSS file or create your own custom CSS file and link that last.

If you are having issues with code overwriting that would be my suggestion. Create a custom CSS and load last.

Add to this you are showing only one type of gradient there are few different methods of declaring gradients to ensure they work on all browsers.