Buy a plugin to remove setting

Do you have plugin that I can buy to remove on my network the setting tab menu item that consist of general, writing, reading, discussion, media, privacy, permalinks just like how the permalink remve plugin works. I dont need these as I am only featuring 3 things – landing pages, gravity forms, and marketpress. I don’t see the need for these items for a user on the network.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @vanavah I have great news for you! There is an awesome plugin right here on this site called Ultimate Branding Just go to the plugins section and search or better yet if you download the WPMU DEV dashboard plugin you can search and install plugins and themes directly from the dashboard.

I see that your currently a monthly member and would encourage you to take advantage of the great savings by becoming a yearly member. Great stuff here ALWAYS! and to top it off you’ll have access to all of the updates and bug fix’s as long as your a member.

Even if you download the Ultimate Branding software which will allow you to do everything you mentioned. Even if you only stay a member for the month, you can still use that download forever, however you won’t get any of the updates or enhancements.

Hope to see you extend your membership, hang out, ask a lot of questions and you’ll so much more than you can imagine.

Good luck and let me know how you like this awesome program.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks for the quick response. I’m trying to remember what I used to set limitations on users roles. I don’t think you can remove that from the Network Admin dashboard but know that you can limit what the other user levels can view.

I’m going to flag @arun and see if he is online now. i apologize for jumping in here and not being fully awake, thought that I had the easy solution.

I used to use a plugin called WP Hide Dashboard you can go to add plugins and search for it there. I’m not sure if the developer updated it lately. for some reason I have it disabled.

Hopefully @arun can step in here. i’ll check back in the morning after some sleep if you haven’t found a solution, I’ll check out my other computer for notes when I get into my office and see what and how i did that.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @vanavah sorry I didn’t get the job done last night. My thinking ended up being off as I quickly discovered that I let me sugar level get too low and I crashed (I’m diabetic). Hopefully @arun suggestion made more sense and that will help solve your issue.

Please let us know how this works out for you.

Thanks!

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@arun sorry I forgot to thank you for helping out here. Also for reminding me of that particular plugin. I had that installed on one of my test sites and when I deleted it forgot to list some of the plugins and that was one of them. Of course when WPMU DEV came out with the Ultimate Branding Plugin I had just assumed that this feature was in there.

So if you could maybe pass this suggestion to add that feature into the plugin that would be great! I don’t know the developer on that plugin so hopefully you can get this to the proper ears.

I’ll also start this as a feature request and see how many Plus 1s we can get.

@vanavah if you’d like to go to the feature request area and Plus 1 for this feature that would be cool. I should have that posted in 5 minutes or so.

Thanks Again

• vanavah
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello Dean, Hello Arun:

Arun was right, this is a powerful plugin and I love it. You should get this plugin. I can hide, show or give what ever right to all menu and submenu tabs. In fact, i dont need to hide or remove anything on a network. I just selected the settings menu and its sub-men tabs and give admin rights to each, and lo and behold, all that I gave admin rights did not appear on any of my customers siites. This a a very powerful tool and you can do a lot more with it. They is now a pro version out. If this lite version is so powerful, I don’t think I need a pro version.

Thanks very much for both of your helps and especially Dean for his persistence and research. This solves my problem. However, I have a problem that i wanted solved which is passing the login parameters to wp-admin or wp-login so that users can by pass the admin screen an go straight to their site without even logging. I would pass the params from my VB.NET code. What plugin allows this?

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @vanavah sorry I wasn’t more on the ball the other night. The plugin that @arun had suggested is more what you needed. I used that for a while and then changed over. I only had a few sites that I didn’t want the clients to have too much access to but it ended up easier to let them feel that they had more control.

Anyway glad you got the fix you needed.

For your other question I would post it as a new question detailing as much as possible in Topic field.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

@dean – You are welcome.

@vanavah – RE:

However, I have a problem that i wanted solved which is passing the login parameters to wp-admin or wp-login so that users can by pass the admin screen an go straight to their site without even logging. I would pass the params from my VB.NET code.

I am not sure if WordPress allows that, never seen that before. Did you start a new thread for that one? If so please give me a link, if not please do so. I will pass it onto our team for ideas.

Thanks!

• aristath
    • Recruit

@vanavah At the risk of sounding stupid, how did you change globally your settings? I Installed the admin-menu-editor plugin (using the multisite instructions) and I still don’t see any menu items on my network settings.

I even checked the code and it adds a sub-menu page on the options page (which on /wp-admin/network simply doesn’t exist!)

• vanavah
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

aristath

Do you mean the admin-menu-editor menu items? When you login as administrator, go straight to the settings menu. The admin-menu-editor is the last tab inside the settings menu. In the admin-menu-editor you can hide/show or you can assign roles to the individual menu tabs. I assigned administrator as I heard some people had problems with hiding tabs and could not retreive them. So I figured if I set the setting tab as administrator only I would be able to see them and it works. A great program.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.