Bypassing the Payment Option

I am slowly getting there with this simple membership area.

I am wondering if there is a way to bypass the payment option. Since this is a 100% free membership area, I don’t need them to “Subscribe” via PayPal or anything like that.

I would like it so when they put in their Name, Email, User, Password and Activation Code that it simply goes to the Welcome Page instead of the little popup that says “Subscription Name – Free” and they have to click the Subscribe button to gain access.

Again, is there anyway I can bypass this last step as it is very redundant.

Thanks,

Nathan

• MasatoEM
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

My suggestion is why not have that set to the default membership level given upon signing up? Meaning they would already be subscribed to that level without pressing sign up.

That should pretty much cover it.

If that doesn’t work, well, have it so that guests or “Strangers” are given that role upon visiting and signing up, though I am fairly positive the first suggestion should help you just fine.

On a second note, set up landing page for after registration as well.

• KickItDigital
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks MasatoEM.

You always seem to be very quick to answer and provide great advice.

Your default membership worked very well, however, now after they fill out their information, they get sent to a page that says this:

REGISTER

You currently have a subscription for the VIP Buying Group subscription. If you wish to sign up a different subscription then you can do below

Since I don’t have any other subscriptions, there is no button or boxes below. I would like them to be taken directly to the “Welcome” page once they filled out their info and click the register button. I feel like I am missing something as this seems to simple (Oh and yes, I have the welcome page I want selected in the options menu as the page to direct to after registration but it doesn’t ever seem to get there as a result of this other page mentioned above getting in the way.

Thanks,

Nathan

• MasatoEM

I have heard of this issue, I myself am looking to find a way to fix this one.

I will be diving into the PHP code on this one, I will let you know if I find anything for this one. In the mean time, I do believe you can modify that page, showing the subscription complete, not 100% but I am pretty sure you can.

With that in mind you should be able to add a redirection code to the page using javascript. I believe that would do it yes..

====

Hope this helps man!

<script type=”text/javascript”>

<!–

window.location = “http://www.htmlcodes.me/”

//–>

</script>

I dont know if that will do it 100%

If that doesn’t help you and I am wrong, well, I will post back with my findings, as I need a landing system as well.

=============================

EDIT:

Found a plugin

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/quick-pagepost-redirect-plugin/

EDIT 2:

Alternative plugin:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/shortcode-redirect/

• MasatoEM

No problem at all. I am aiming to become a support team member soon, so if you don’t mind me quoting your posts to help me get in that would be fantastic.

If you need any other help I will surly be sticking around here one way or another.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Nathan (@KickItDigital)

Sorry for the delay with my reply, @masatoem, Thank you for helping out!

If they are signing up for a VIP subscription by default and that’s the only one you have, after registration they should be taking to your welcome page, but that is looping back to the registration page?

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Can you give me a direct link to the membership page so I can test?

If possible for testing purposes if your using PayPal could you set the price to something like $5/whichever currency your using, as i’d like to make a live purchase to see what happens.

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• KickItDigital
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Jack,

The membership page is:

http://www.reliablehome.ca/register

It is a free membership so it won’t cost you anything to try it out.

Any advice would be incredibly appreciated as this is starting to frustrate me.

All I would like is the ability for people to create a user profile and then receive instant access to the protected page with the downloads on it. I would like it so they don’t have to click an extra subscribe button or anything like that.

Thanks again for everything.

Nathan

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

I hope you are well today, first of all I do apologize for the delay in my reply.

I have just tried to test the registration, but I see the page doesn’t exist? If you’d like to put it back up, I’d be more than happy to assist you in this issue.

Again sorry for the delay.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• KickItDigital
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Jack,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to solve the problem I was having and I needed to have everything completed by the weekend.

Therefore, I had to switch to Wishlist Member in order to get everything that I needed in time.

Thanks again.

Nathan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.