Cache preload says finished after caching 1 file

HB cache preloading has been preloading less and less files and now its showing finished after 1 file.

Update: Things seem to have gotten worse. We were running into issues with the preload caching “completing” after caching one file. Now, whether we have it turned on or not, our cache keeps clearing. We tried to manually re-cache some pages and it just keeps clearing on us.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Miles

This is already escalated to our Second Level Support team for further investigation.

Me or another colleague of mine will keep you posted here as soon as we’ve got some insights.

Keep in mind that response times of SLS is larger than ours in the FLS (First Level Support) due to the nature of the issues they are dealing with, thus your patience on this is highly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Thank you,

Dimitris

• Miles
      • WordPress Warrior

Hi Dimitris

Thank you for the update. Below is an update after my own troubleshooting.

I reset the settings and went through the process of setting everything up again. But the issue remained.

I then turned off “Clear full cache when post/page is updated” and preload caching started working. It cached 23 files, normally when the entire site is cached its over 100 files.

I then went through the entire site in a separate browser to cache pages while periodically refreshing HB caching page. Twice during this process Preload caching started up again only to cache 1 additional file each time. After going through the entire website, only 50 files were cached.

So, the clear full cache when post/page is updated setting was causing problems, but the site still doesn’t appear to be caching in full.

• Miles
    • WordPress Warrior

The cache is again periodically clearing and preload caching re-runs when this happens. An additional issue I just noticed is that under Asset Optimization, none of the files I marked for compression yesterday morning, after resetting the settings, have been compressed.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.