Caching gets out of sync

Hi team, this is my third attempt to get to the bottom of this problem. It is happening on all sites in which I am asking Hummingbird and/or Hummingbird Pro to do caching.

After a few days, the site is displaying its theme rather than child theme, which means colours for headings are wrong and it doesn’t show any new posts, etc.

If I manually click the Clear Cache button, everything is fine.

After my first chat with support, I was asked to contact you next time it was happening, so you could investigate.

For the second chat with support, your person said to select Automatic File Change Detection. This works IF you are updating your site every day or two. Sadly, on some sites, my clients only go in every few days or even few weeks, which means their sites look terrible until they notice it and manually click Clear Cache.

My third attempt to contact support is now. I was waiting for Chat Support for 30 minutes but need to get to an appointment, so I am hoping someone senior can take a close interest in this and possibly look at some logs or get access to dig deeper.

I have stopped recommending Hummingbird to my clients until we can sort this out because there is something going wrong. My sites use the Divi Theme which is a widely supported and popular them.

I am happy to provide as much access as you need.

Thanks

Steve

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Steve,

After a few days, the site is displaying its theme rather than child theme, which means colours for headings are wrong and it doesn’t show any new posts, etc.

Sorry to hear about the issue. This is odd, however sounds like this might be related to Asset Optimization, and clearing the cache is resolving it. Is there any steps to replicate the issue? Or it just occurs randomly?

Seems like support access to your site isn’t enabled at the moment, so I’m not sure which exact website to look upon.

Could you please grant support staff access so I can take a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Steve
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi again, Nithin

I am conscious your support access is going to run out.

I also just learned something new. On https://radionotespodcast.com the auto clearing option is helping with Chrome but Firefox and Edge are lagging behind, not showing updated content and also with the broken CSS issue.

All is fixed by manually hitting Clear Cache.

So, I have enabled fresh access in https://radionotespodcast.com because that is really my key priority.

Thank you.

Steve

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, please do note that we reply to tickets based on queue order, and timestamp. Sending multiple replies to a ticket, will push it down the queue hence the delay.

It seems like the support access to your site is no longer enabled, could you please send us your websites credentials, so that we could help get this sorted asap.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

– To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas

-WordPress admin username

-WordPress admin password

-login url

-FTP credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant urls

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Steve,

Extremely sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I had brought this into our developers attention, and he gave a closer look at the mentioned issues, and the dashboard.

However, our developer is finding in hard to troubleshoot without seeing the issue live, since we don’t have a background regarding your website, it’s tough to say whether it loading fine, or if there are any anomalies being noticed. The website seems to be loading fine at the moment when checked.

Could you please share a screenshot, and links to the pages(if not in hompage) regarding where all you notice these issues in the website, so that it would be helpful in understanding this further.

During the troubleshooting process we weren’t able to notice any issue in the homepage before, and after clearing the cache. So, it’s pretty hard to say what exactly is causing without replicating in our side.

I could notice you have SG cache, and Hummingbird Page Cache enabled at the same, in general it’s recommend to only keep one cache feature enabled, if same type of features are enabled via both plugin.

Maybe that’s causing anomalies regarding his, does the other listed website are hosted in Siteground, with SG Cache enabled? We’ll need to troubleshoot further too see what’s the root cause of the issue.

Is there any way to setup a staging(clone) site, and list out steps to replicate the issue, so that our developer could give a closer look, and see what’s causing the issue?

Troubleshooting via the staging should help us in giving a better idea what’s causing it, and what could be done further to correct the issue, if needed.

Your hosting provider should be able to help in setting up a staging site, please do share the WP admin, and FTP credentials of the staging site once it’s up via the contact form, the same way as done before:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/caching-gets-out-of-sync#post-1377979

So that we could help get this working asap. Looking forward to your response, have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.