Caching or Builder Saving problem!

Hi, I have a huge problem with Builder and/or the caching of the website (not sure if only because of Hummingbird or something else).

I have started building my website and had saved the layout. Several hours later I opened it again, to continue working but I found Builder "forgotten" all about my saved layout and showing me some very basic default layout. I started from scratch and re-build my layout to a certain point (not as completed as the previously saved one). Then I decided to see in browser what is showing. I was amazed to see the old (supposed to be forgotten) layout. But I still work on my now new layout in Builder. I disabled Hummingbird to solve the problem if caching. I hard-cleaned my browser cache and I still see the "old" version.

Do you know what could be causing this and how to fix? Is there a way to clear the cache for sure without re-installing everything? If not, there definitely should be a button to clear all cache without stopping hummingbird, just clear it now and continue caching from no on.

Regards,

Georgi

• Sajid

Hello Georgi Pepelyankov,
    Hope you are doing good today and glad to have you onboard :slight_smile:

I could not replicate this issue on my own test site. That said, when I save the layout, quit and check on browser it stays the same as it suppose to be.

However, it could be a cache issue on your server. The hummingbird cache is a browser cache that sets headers on visitors browser so you can not really clear that from admin dashboard until user/visitor clear the browser cache them selves.

Other than that, it does not have object cache to store the output in files and render those instead of executing the php and outputting it again. Unless you are using another plugin like W3 Total Cache or Varnish cache by your server.

But what you can do is, clear the browser cache of your browser or check on incognito mode. If you have a plugin like mentioned above then also disable + clear the cache there too.

Also one more thing, Upfront does have some built in cache too that you can clear from Upfront -> General -> Debug Options -> Reset Upfront Cache.

Please note that: Its recommended to disable all type of caching while making changes on your site, specially creating a new theme from scratch.

Once you are done with the updates/changes/creation then enable the cache again.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• kr3t3n

Hi Sajid,

Thanks for the response. I think I found the cause but now I don't understand the logic.

If I open my website, I can go to Upfront -> Builder from the menu and that will open up my list of websites, one of which is the template for my website I'm working on. As I activated it at some point on the website, now I can also edit the "same" theme from Appearance -> Customize. The problem is, those are two separate themes/versions of the same theme.

Do I understand correctly that the Upfront -> Builder themes are kind of still in the sandbox and the one that is activates is a snapshot?

Also, is there a way to edit the template pages (html/php)? For example, index.php, single.php, etc? And all the new templates the theme has created? How are those edited?

Regards,

Georgi

• Sajid

Hello Georgi Pepelyankov,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Please note that, Upfront Builder and Upfront Editor are two separate features of Upfront framework.

Upfront Builder (Upfront -> Builder) will allow you to create a theme from scratch, export the theme and use it any other site without any additional configuration on other site.

Where as Upfront Editor (Appearance -> Customize) will only allow you to tweak a theme for current site according to your requirements.

That said, Upfront Builder to create new themes from scratch and export to use on other WordPress. That's why its called Builder :slight_smile:

Also, is there a way to edit the template pages (html/php)? For example, index.php, single.php, etc? And all the new templates the theme has created? How are those edited

Yes, of course you can edit the template files directly in your newly created theme located in /wp-content/themes/ folder.

However, please note that the structure of theme files is different then the usual WordPress themes.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• kr3t3n

Hi Sajid,

Thank you for your response. I am marking this thread as resolved. However, I still have HUGE issues with the problem described in this thread. I've tried working last night, Builder lots all my progress, again. Can you, or someone else from your colleagues send me an email or some kind of message to let me know if there is any progress on it or not? I'm not able to resolve the issue myself and if your support is not able too, I am afraid I cannot use Builder anymore. This is now going on for 3 days, I'm afraid that over the weekend nothing is going to happen and I will have to continue any work next week the earliest. Unfortunately, for me, this is not acceptable and need to think of other options.

PLease let me know what is happening with this issue and if it can be resolved.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.