Calculating Tax For Pro Sites and Membership 2 Pro

Hi there. How do I set up tax calculations for UK VAT within Pro Sites and Membership Pro 2 without paying for the additional cost per transaction of Taxamo?
All membership and ecommerce software I have used previously simply calculates the tax within the plugin or software, not referring to an external paid service.
From what I see there is no alternative? this seems nuts to me to have no internal option.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Guy,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Both Membership 2 Pro and Pro Sites plugins include Taxamo integration module and that's currently the only way to automatically calculate EU taxes.

I agree though that an "internal" taxation tool/option would make a great feature so I moved this thread to our "Features & Feedback" forum where other members of our community may give it a vote. If that idea gains significant support our developers will consider adding it to one of the future releases of the plugins.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• JC
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

A simple show price including / excluding tax and a field to set the % of tax would suffice and one would expect it to be built in. There is no way I would use Taxamo, it's something so simple and built in to almost all solutions out there and basic requirement when taking payments. It's been a very long time so very surprised a year later nothing added and done.

• bartjan
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I also would like to have a option to display the tax percentage and amount on the invoices without having to use Taxamo. (this shouldn't be the hardest thing to add to the plugin)

I've read something about just displaying the tax amount on the invoice at : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-pro-add-taxes-vat
    Is tha still relevant for Membership Pro 2?

Hope this will be added to the plugin soon :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
    Bart Jan Hoekman

• Predrag Dubajic
      • Support

Hi Bart,

Taxamo is currently the only option for handling taxes in Membership 2, the request for additional tax options was not much asked for so it didn't get high on the to do list and some other things took priority.
      We still have it for consideration but I'm afraid that we can't share when we can expect some further development on that.

Best regards,
      Predrag

• Guy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I still think it's a minor development that would help sell more of this plugin. I've moved to another membership plugin which maybe a hint for why you don't see so many requests, as in, clients see it is fixed to a paying service and just go elsewhere.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.