Calculation for State and Local Tax Rates - Plugin needed

On the marketing page for MarketPress, I saw the following statement:

Taxes are never fun, but it doesn’t have to be painful. Simple tax settings make it easy to set rates, create exceptions, apply taxes to downloadable products, tax before or after the cost of shipping and tax based on location. Lock in your rates and let MarketPress do the rest.

I am trying to configure this plugin to calculate taxes for state and local taxes in Missouri, which vary based on municipality. There was no function for this as of 2.9.4, and now still no capability as of 2.9.5.9. Why is there no integration with avalara or something of the like? I've seen this issue brought up in the forums as long ago as 2011. I cannot find any evidence of this "easy" tax "based on location" except for state. Am I missing something?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Trenton,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question and feedback.

I'll flag this as a feature request and leave a note for the developer. Right now we are gearing up to release MarketPress 3.0 soon which will have a lot of requested features in it :slight_smile:

Integration with something like Avalara is an awesome idea too. Thanks for mentioning that. I'll mention that in the note to the dev.

Right now you can list the state tax and also special tax rate on an individual product level.

Let us know if you have any further suggestions on this Trenton, more than happy to pass them along :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.