Caldendar Plugin Feature Requests

Hello,

I am attempting to use this plugin but am finding a couple of usability issues... I've done quick search here first, but cannot seem to find any related queries.

1st. I would like consideration of a back-end admin function on this plugin that allows the admin to set-the default installation in the following ways:

1. The admin should be able to globally set the default functions of the calendar group or reset them in the back-end... For instance, I would like to be able to set the moderator/member/and default email notifications, especially the e-mail notifications to "off"... and allow the users to enable notications if they would like... If you have more than a dozen groups (or in our case-dozens) the settings of this information becomes tedious...and has to be done for each group as they are created (especially crazy if users can create groups).

2. It would be good to be able to turn the calendar off for some groups... For instance, I would really only the use the calendar function for 3 of our groups.

3. Is there a shortcut for displaying what you have in the widgets in a page, in particular the Single Group Events? For instance, if I wanted to place this on a page... maybe there is some code you could share to make that happen...

2nd I would love to see consideration of the map itself to be pulled into the output of the event when viewed in addition to being linked.

Despite all of this, your plugin is spectacular and streamlined and one of the reasons I recently joined the premium club here.

I am very happy to make these code/test changes if you can supply it.

• pisanojm

Thanks Mason,

Can anyone in here come up with code to have this single Widget show on a page in the mean time?

In the interim, I can just change each group so that admins are the only one that can add on my other groups...

Question about config? Since I've already installed this, the default options no longer take effect on exiting groups correct, but will take effect on all groups made post install? I think it would be good to talk about the default options in the php in the readme.txt /install with this plugin

I'm going to try to look into this, but my PHP skills are very basic, but I'm learning. I imagine if we can execute php on the page using something like phpexec, we can fire the widget code... seems like there could be an easy call function to use like other plugins.

Thanks again.

• Mason

Hiya!

Can anyone in here come up with code to have this single Widget show on a page in the mean time?

Easiest way to do this (that I can think of) would be to create a new page template (look at your theme for guidance) and set it up to have a new widget area. Tammie's written a tutorial on creating widgeted areas that may be of use to you as well:
    http://buddydress.com/2010/04/add-a-widget-anywhere-in-3-simple-steps/

Then, create a new page in WordPress that uses your page template and drop that single widget into this section.

Since I've already installed this, the default options no longer take effect on exiting groups correct, but will take effect on all groups made post install?

Should do exactly that. If you create a test calendar and it isn't using your changes, let us know.

I think it would be good to talk about the default options in the php in the readme.txt /install with this plugin

Agreed. We're continually going through and updating our documentation, so I'll talk with the team and get this added to the list.

I imagine if we can execute php on the page using something like phpexec, we can fire the widget code... seems like there could be an easy call function to use like other plugins.

You might be able to get this to work, but I don't know that it'd be any easier than the method I'm mentioning here. Give it a go and if you have trouble we'll do our best to walk ya through it.

Thanks! :smiley:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.